No announcement yet.

Nightshadedistortion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nighshade invisibilty somewhat offsets cheesiness of people turing GFX to low to see underwater.

More options are needed though. 3 little 1-5 detail sliders is just stupid in modern day gaming, much less in an UNREAL game! Come on Epic...

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
      Can someone confirm if the same applies for players using the invisibility powerup?

I run the game on low settings, and to the best of my recollection, there was no distortion effect for invisible players (or any kind of shimmer as seen in previous UTs).

I haven't seen many people use invis, though (no pun intended).
      I am playing on all lowest, and invisible players are pretty easy for me to see. They're actually a solid shade, looks like a moving shadow. They're actually easier to see than in past UTs, though the level detail makes seeing them at a distance more difficult.

Comment

Just a quick question, does the nightshade's beam damage veichles?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyoka View Post
          Just a quick question, does the nightshade's beam damage veichles?
          Yes, it is a weapon against foot soldiers, vehicles and nodes and you can also heal your own nodes with it.

Comment

one last thing. Does it also heal your ally's vehicle?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiyoka View Post
              one last thing. Does it also heal your ally's vehicle?
              Yep. :] Pretty fast even, makes the Nightshade a really versatile vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by Frustian View Post
                1) People on low settings have NO BLUR, NO FOG, AND NO SHADOWS (people 'hiding' in shadows are easily visible on low settings). It gives them a huge advantage, not being able to see invisible things is not going to suddenly make people with high settings have an advantage.
                You missed something out, some people playing on low settings (such as me) are playing with framerates <20fps (at very low res), so any advantage gained from the things you mentioned are completely offset by the low-framerate & consequent mouse lag. Also, how do people hide in shadows in teamgames when there's the distance dependent brightskin shader?

Also, the nightshade is more deadly than any player trying to hide in a shadow.

Comment

Working...
                X