Tips for every weapon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tips for every weapon!

Hey all, since my first person shooter skills have seemed to go down the drain over the last few years I was wondering if I could get some pro tips on how to score hits with every weapon.

Particularly the shock rifle, I can't seem to get the shock combo down at all, and I am sometimes amazed at how good other players seem to be with the technique. I seem to have a hard time aiming at plasma ball when I'm moving about.

Also, the flak cannon in 1 on 1 duels in close proximity. I can't seem to lead my target enough and always end up missing several times. I can get lucky a few times by aiming at the ground and getting reflection damage.

Any tips or tricks for any weapon would be great!

Since I made this thread I guess I will start with what I know...

In a busy map, try loading up a few rockets right before you come around a corner. This usually works best in the spiral mode and with luck you will catch an opponent with 3 rockets to the face.

The flak canon is great to shoot around corners or off walls and the floor, its great when chasing a flag carrier.

The mini guns alternate fire has a knock back, you can use this to push people of ledges! It can also pin corpses to walls.

When you are far away and want to get a kill with the rocket launcher, lock on to a target by holding your reticle over them for a few seconds.

Comment

Use rocket spirals on vehicles and the wide pattern for people.

Comment

the shock rifle's cores are best at close range, they do 55 dmg each, so fire two and You'll likely kill your opponant

Comment

ROFL

Pro tips. ;]

Comment

Practice, practice, practice for now.

First with shock, learn to hit a standing combo, then hitting it moving forward and backwards, then hit it when moving side to side - just set godmode on, open up a map with no bots and practice hitting the combos.

Same with rockets - pick a post, or a door way, and experiment with rockets and the extra click - spiral - and click again - grenades, to get the timing of the weapon loading just right and know how they'll fly. Typically you'll launch rockets mid jump - the target is the floor of your opponent's feet so if you're in the air, the angle's easier and the shot is easier.

Same for flak - but don't spend too much time because there's rumours the trajectory will be changed in the patch ( I hope it will.)

Comment

Play smart but also practice enough. Everybody has their own fav weapons and use for them.

Comment

Impact hammer. Have it charged and run from someone. Most often they will follow. Dodge around a corner and then when you think they are going to be coming dodge back around at them. Splat!

Comment

Originally posted by rhiridflaidd View Post
                  Same for flak - but don't spend too much time because there's rumours the trajectory will be changed in the patch ( I hope it will.)
                  I get a little disappointed when I cant hit someone with a flak shell 5ft in front of me

talk about having bad first impressions...
                  /noob

Comment

With the enforcer, take your time and focus on the aim. Distance is your friend. You don't have to get in close to use the primary.

Comment

enforcers are like your leet hitscan assault rifles
                      i swear they have the effective range of a sniper rifle

Comment

To play around and practice with weapons, open the console and type "loaded" to get all weapons with infinite ammo.

(berserk + deemer + infinite ammo = lulz)

Comment

Enforcers are great for knocking people off hoverboards when they're trying to make a getaway - especially on maps like Sandstorm, where the weapon lockers give you no hitscan weapons.

Also, when using the impact hammer, don't chase your opponent - I see a lot of people doing this. Instead, try to jump in front of him, or where he's going to be - so use a lot of diagonals.

Comment

Oh man, I just love the lock-on with the Rocket Launcher - so funny shooting people from afar with it and watching them ignore it till its too late when they realize its not flying in a straight line

Comment

Most people never bother to check behind them selves while their running down halls or just after a weapon pick up. you can score alot of kills by just running around with a charged biorifle waiting for the right moment. I like to practice this by dueling a bot on normal. I'll try to use sound so that i can position myself behind him, follow him, then 1 shot him.

Comment

Working...
                              X