[Gamespy] Again down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sushi159 View Post
    What servers did they use for the classic UT? Why was it so easy to connect and find a huge list of servers when now its so weaksauce?
    Before they did not use gamespy. I am not sure what they used but it was far superior to gamespy. Gamespy needs to die already. Preferably a nuke at their front door.

EDIT:

I just launched the game and it took 30 seconds for it to login. I would prefer 0 time used at the **** login screen which is why it needs to be gone already.

Comment

What servers did they use for the classic UT? Why was it so easy to connect and find a huge list of servers when now its so weaksauce?
      In 2k4, there was no central server required to play the game. There was merely a server to collect stats that needed a login/password to identify you but it was optional (if not provided, your stats were just not counted).

The only servers you'd connect to in order to play were the game servers themselves, which are hosted by third parties.

It made a lot of sense and this way there was no single point of failure. The current system is just badly designed.

This game has no use for a centralized authentication, and sub-contracting it to a third party like gamespy is even more unnecessary.

Comment

Timed out for me. That's two GameSpy outages in a week. What will Epic be doing to fix this, I wonder?

Comment

These aren't the droids you're looking for!

Comment

Originally posted by Curiosity View Post
            In 2k4, there was no central server required to play the game. There was merely a server to collect stats that needed a login/password to identify you but it was optional (if not provided, your stats were just not counted).

The only servers you'd connect to in order to play were the game servers themselves, which are hosted by third parties.

It made a lot of sense and this way there was no single point of failure. The current system is just badly designed.

This game has no use for a centralized authentication, and sub-contracting it to a third party like gamespy is even more unnecessary.
            Why does Gamespy continue to exist if it is so sh1tty? I remember when I played Medal of Honor Allied Assault. I would have to make an account and use their program (which was a pain).

Comment

I just hope they fix this ****, gamespy = game killer. I'm getting disconnected from gamespy like once every 2 game, THAT IS JUST BS!! I have to ***** disconnect from server, and and then login into gamespy again(to get back my setting), then reconnect to the server. This is seriously messup.

Comment

Why does Gamespy continue to exist if it is so sh1tty?
                Plenty of ludicrously bad technology and services continues to exist because there's always people stupid enough to become their customers.

I forgot one thing, though. There was probably a public server tracker somewhere for ut2004, but that's not rocket science to develop internally.

Comment

+1 to whining about the login server bullcrap

Comment

Originally posted by MeepZero View Post
                    +1 to whining about the login server bullcrap
                    Yeah, we should just sit down and shut up!

It's no wonder gaming has gone so downhill the past few years. Some people will accept any amount of **** that is shoveled at them...

Comment

Working...
                    X