Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS3 or XBox

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    PS3 or XBox

    I had someone ask me a question with regards to what console platform to buy his kid for Christmas. He wanted to be able to play UT3 on whatever console he buys. While I understand UT3 for PS3 is out and that UT3 for Xbox is due out after the first of the year.....

    Where is the majority of the action in UT3 going to be, PS3 or XBL and why?

    #2
    The PC.

    On a more serious note: I have seen more people talk about the PS3 version than the Xbox version.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Kaching View Post
      I had someone ask me a question with regards to what console platform to buy his kid for Christmas. He wanted to be able to play UT3 on whatever console he buys. While I understand UT3 for PS3 is out and that UT3 for Xbox is due out after the first of the year.....

      Where is the majority of the action in UT3 going to be, PS3 or XBL and why?
      if you want to go consol i say ps3...
      as you will have access to all mods made for the pc version and as i understand you can play with pc people also...

      and with xbl it a closed platform, as you will only be able to play with other xbl members... and the ability of using pc mods is unlikly to happen

      Comment


        #4
        If I would play the game on a platform other than PC I'd go for the PS3.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Lazymutant View Post
          if you want to go consol i say ps3...
          as you will have access to all mods made for the pc version and as i understand you can play with pc people also...

          and with xbl it a closed platform, as you will only be able to play with other xbl members... and the ability of using pc mods is unlikly to happen
          Mods do work on PS3 yes. They dont on 360 (maybe this will change in the future, but dont count on it)

          they canned the option to play with PC a few months back, so can't play with PC people.


          And you can play with keyboard + mouse on the PS3, which should be good for many people.

          Comment


            #6
            i just canot WAIT to get my dirty hands on this game... time to show those fools the only way to play fps is with mouse and kb

            Comment


              #7
              PC > PS3 > XB360 for UT3 since custom content will most likely never appear on the 360 nor will mouse + keyboard controls.

              Comment


                #8
                I was looking forward to UT3 on the Wii...

                Lol jk......













                NOT!! >.>

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
                  I was looking forward to UT3 on the Wii...

                  Lol jk......













                  NOT!! >.>
                  hahaha

                  but i do wonder what the game would of been like if it was to be released on the wii

                  Comment


                    #10
                    The Xbox version might run better if performance issues in the PS3 are still there.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      ps3, thatll include mods too

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Lazymutant View Post
                        hahaha

                        but i do wonder what the game would of been like if it was to be released on the wii
                        Very tonned down and probably with it's own personal controller since the wiimote doesn't have enough buttons.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Depends How many friends you can play with on each system, like if i had a lot of friends that have a 360...

                          Lots of 360 friends > maps and mods

                          and of course Lots of ___ friends + maps and mods > 360 version

                          ___ can be PS3 or PC.

                          If you dont have any friends on any of the systems, just get the PC or PS3 version for maps and mods, because they'll be your friends

                          Microsoft released some crappy system where dev's can use their servers to host content but it has to be from the devs, and i bet that the content will have to go through certification, which is equally as gay.

                          Search joystiq.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X