Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Warfare problem

Hello,

I just installed the full game and i have a problem with warfare. When i play it (only online), after some minutes the screen is starting to flicker like a disco bowl. I do not have that in Vctf or deadmatch.

It only starts after a few mibutes playing (online).

Someone knows something?

My rig:

Q core 6600
    Nvidia 8600 GTS 512 standard install (no overclocking) latest drivers 163.??
    2 mb ram

It's a common problem with nvidia cards and will hopefully be resolved in patch 1 (it is not as of beta 3, but some people reported it got better with beta 4)

Comment

yeah there are a few people with this issue. they are fixing it as we type.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazzi View Post
        It's a common problem with nvidia cards and will hopefully be resolved in patch 1 (it is not as of beta 3, but some people reported it got better with beta 4)

i would not call it a common problem. Some people with other cards than Nvidia have reported this problem.

Could it be an overheating issue?

Comment

The 8800gt 512mb has a fan problem, it stays at 29% and you have to manually raise the fan speed in order to get it cooled properly.

I am not sure if that goes for over cards as well, but if it does.. it cóuld be overheating.

Comment

There is an nvidia hotfix for vista users

Originally posted by Mighty Rabbit View Post
            Hello,

I just installed the full game and i have a problem with warfare. When i play it (only online), after some minutes the screen is starting to flicker like a disco bowl. I do not have that in Vctf or deadmatch.

It only starts after a few mibutes playing (online).

Someone knows something?

My rig:

Q core 6600
            Nvidia 8600 GTS 512 standard install (no overclocking) latest drivers 163.??
            2 mb ram
            Epic cannot fix video driver issues, only the card driver can do that. Nvidia has some hot fixes for Vista users.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/windows..._hotfixes.html

Also, report nvidia video card issues to nvidia so they can work on them

http://forums.nvidia.com/

I as well as many others have no hardware based issues and everything works well. Many have Widows Vista and video card driver problems, Epic cannot fix Vista or Nvidia issues.

Comment

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=586470
              common problem, original thread in tech support above
              and it's not overheating also if you ALT+TAB when the flickering occurs it will fix it for about another 20 min

Comment

Originally posted by Bazzi View Post
                That makes no sense. How can Epic fix a video driver issue? IMy 7900 and 7950 cards run fine, no issues. From what I have seen it's mostly a Vista and 8800 series problem on the driver end as well as an overheating issue in many cases.

Comment

I'm pretty sure its the 2 MB of RAM...

Comment

Originally posted by oldkawman1 View Post
                    Epic cannot fix video driver issues, only the card driver can do that. Nvidia has some hot fixes for Vista users.
                    A mere flickering is not necessarily purely a driver bug. It may be a bug in ut3 that happens not to have any visible consequence with every driver/hardware combinations.

On the other hand, it could also be a driver bug that is exposed only by the particular API usage patterns of UT3, in which case epic working together with nvidia ought to spot the problem faster (those things can happen. Games causing BSODs because they exposed a latent bug in the drivers is something that happens, in particular during game development)

Comment

You might wanna check any overheating in your video card or cpu.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonOZ View Post
                        You might wanna check any overheating in your video card or cpu.

Oh for gods sake, just read the thread or better yet read the provided link.

I think its safe to say it isnt a heat problem. My gfx card never passes 50 degrees and yet I get flickering.

Care to explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                          Oh for gods sake, just read the thread or better yet read the provided link.

I think its safe to say it isnt a heat problem. My gfx card never passes 50 degrees and yet I get flickering.

Care to explain?
                          hahha, for god sake? lmao.

Safe to say? so your not 100% certain?

Explain what? It could be that you didn't upgrade everything that is necessary to play the game or hardware issue (such as crappy power supply that doesn't provide enough power to the video card) or whatever. I'm not sure what exactly is the problem (since I have none of these issue with ut3), I'm simply chipping in my 2 cent here.

Comment

For all the peeps that have the 8800GT 512 cards. You can download Riva Tuner 2.06 which you can set your fan speed.

I have the 8800GT KO and found that when in game it ran at 70C.
                            I downloaded Riva Tuner 2.06 which is for 8800 cards and set fan speed on XP start up to 70% speed. this puts my card at 47 C idle.

When you go to play UT3 or Crysis. Set the fan speed at 100% to keep the card below 54C .

EVGA has a new Bios out for there 8800GT model.
                            Make sure to download the right one and follow the install instructions.

if you have a few dollars
                            Go to the coolerguys.com and ask them for the 8800GT Cooler

Here is a link for the HR03 Plus which is for the GTS/GTX/ Ultra Cards.
                            http://coolpc.com/Thermalright-HR03-...B000NW916E.htm

Good luck and whatch those card temps. if it gets to hot, you will see flicker and then OUCH
                            Also if your running Vista then it will Flicker. XP NP.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonOZ View Post
                              hahha, for god sake? lmao.

Safe to say? so your not 100% certain?

Explain what? It could be that you didn't upgrade everything that is necessary to play the game or hardware issue (such as crappy power supply that doesn't provide enough power to the video card) or whatever. I'm not sure what exactly is the problem (since I have none of these issue with ut3), I'm simply chipping in my 2 cent here.
                              If you read the linked thread you would probably realise that there is another problem underneath the surface.

My computer is 2-3 months old thank you very much.

Btw where I come from safe to say is something you say when you are certain, guess they dont do that in your neighborhood.

Comment

Working...
                              X