Whats your avarage ping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your avarage ping?

Title says it all... whats your avarage ping?

Mine is somewhere between 100-140, kinda suck

Well i only choose servers wih ping from 40-70's, any higher and I rather go somewhere else. What annoys me though is that u cant see what ping u get if u follow a friend, nor gametype btw. Posted in the "missing" thread btw..

Comment

It would be hard for me to join a server with a ping less then 70 seeing how 78 is the lowest I get =/

Comment

But anyway, the ping reports u get are very very, very !! inaccurate....If I join a server with a 250 ping I might be ending up playing with a ping of 45. My rule of thumb is to join lowest ping servers (doh) and afterwards see what the actual ping really is. U might join a 250 one and be playing 48 ?? All in all is that u cant truly rely on the ping reports

Comment

Reverse, are these scandi servers or mid euro ones?
          I know quite some swedes who all ping like this to mid euro servers, they are waiting for the linux version hoping these servers will be better for them.
          With my .nl connection tho I ping 50-60 to .nl servers so something is wrong, I should be pinging around 20-30.

Comment

Well I cant really know if they are European, but I assume they are if the have a ping of 45. A 250 one I would assume was in the US...but lo n behold, no it turned out to be 45 ! So its prolly in Europe...or...am I really playing with 45 like the F6 button says ??

Comment

5 - 10 at average

Comment

Originally posted by [209] View Post
                5 - 10 at average
                rofl.. really?! That cant be right !

Mines about 24-40 on euro servers and 140-178 in American servers.

Comment

Honestly, if you suck at 140 ping, you will suck at zeroping. I am living proof of that. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Crotale View Post
                    Honestly, if you suck at 140 ping, you will suck at zeroping. I am living proof of that. End of story.
                    Now I know I'm not that good at the game but I didn't say I suck

Comment

How can you compare 140 ping (which is QUITE some delay) to zero ping? ( No delay at all)?

If I'd go to a 140 ping server this moment, I'd have a hard time making a single frag..

While on a 0-30 ping server, I'd get to the top quite easily.

Comment

I usually choose carefully making sure not to have more than 90ping because above that my performance seemingly drops....

-----------------------------------------
                        Originally Posted by Crotale
                        ----------------------------------------
                        sorry, but I can't agree with you...

Comment

I don't care if you agree or not. Truth is that high ping is rarely a valid excuse for losing. Serioulsy, if you have high ping on all servers, you have a connection problem and need to contact your local internet provider. Of course, most providers could care less about gaming and how packet loss and high latency affect those users. But, the more we complain now will help to combat these issues in the future.

Comment

I don't care if you agree or not. Truth is that high ping is rarely a valid excuse for losing. Serioulsy, if you have high ping on all servers, you have a connection problem and need to contact your local internet provider. Of course, most providers could care less about gaming and how packet loss and high latency affect those users. But, the more we complain now will help to combat these issues in the future.
                            I dont care you care or not ...but at least dont say stoopid things and state as you have said something very witty...actually all that shows you are unexperienced...

"you have a connection problem and need to contact your local internet provider" I have no problem with my connection , It does what it is meant to...better way is picking servers that are not on the other side of the world...

"Truth is that high ping is rarely a valid excuse for losing"
                            I dont use such excuses cuz if my ping is too high I dont play on that server at all...
                            ok, peace

Comment

I don't care if you agree or not. Truth is that high ping is rarely a valid excuse for losing.
                              High ping makes your aiming skills useless as all your shots will have a delay.
                              It is a véry valid reason for losing.
                              And you don't seem to care about anything, you're living in your own dreamworld, thinking everything you say will be accepted as 'the right stuff' rather than people complaining about your faulty statements.

Comment

Working...
                              X