This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does ut3 feel slightly console'ish ?

I dunno my first thought when i played the game was "Did i get a console version or something?".

The menu's are very very frustraiting to navigate. And also it seems a bit of the content is missing like Last man standing.

I think its great if they do make ut3 for console because they would get to share in a great game. But i still feel that the very first goty version of ut back in 99 was the best fps game ive played. ut2004 was very good as well.

This new version is still very good quality and the graphics are pretty stunning.

So my question is , are there any known mods in development that will hopefully change the UI/Game menu's and possibly ad a LMS game type. That was funner than death match imo. Also i would KILL for a remake of facing worlds and lava giant ! oh and hall of (giants? i forget its name).

Does ut3 feel slightly console'ish ?

uhm duh

the answer is: yes, they are trying to do something

Comment

http://unrealna.com/forums/showthread.php?t=641

CustomUT.

Comment

Is this so surprising?

Comment

i honestly dont think it does. the menu system kinda does but they are changing things and adding/removing things. the game itself is very ut99ish in movement which i like. i can adapt quite easily to this. (i dont see why people complain about the removal of dodge-jump but thats just me). there are few things i miss from ut99 and they are the grenade launcher (nothing like launching one on an unsuspecting victim and making them suffer with it latched to their face so they cant see, until you blow them up ) and the spidermine launcher (The new spidermine traps just dont cut it, i like to place the mines in hidden corners ready to charge at its next passing victim). im hoping epic or the community can/will bring some great features into the game, other than that im addicted to it. i enjoy playing it.

Comment

I don't see how this feels any more console-ish than any of the previous games, perhaps excluding the menu, which I don't really count as part of the 'game'.

Comment

no the menu is part of your car then ... :ironic:

Comment

Epic has admitted the UI needs work, and the beta patches have several fixes, calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidesh0w View Post
                  no the menu is part of your car then ... :ironic:
                  what ElDiablo2k3 said. i think he means the gameplay itself.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                    Epic has admitted the UI needs work, and the beta patches have several fixes, calm down.
                    +1 with what epic said. ive been tracking the work on the beta patches. i wont be installing them as i have no problem with what i have at present. its new out it needs patching, what game doesnt/didnt. ive seen plenty of games that have needed patches for them after release. one game that really did was the matrix game (not the online one). now that game was ported from console to pc. you could tell because it was asking you to press playstation 2 control pad buttons to do moves when playing, so they had to patch that

Comment

We certainly didn't have this kind of useless topic about 24399ß0234ß5ß2ß0389ß141423789078095478054789035647 890654390 times before.

Comment

Hello Forum,

slighly for me it feels too much like a console titles, start with the menu and the low amount of settings. Unreal Tournament 2004 was better in these topics.

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
                          We certainly didn't have this kind of useless topic about 24399ß0234ß5ß2ß0389ß141423789078095478054789035647 890654390 times before.
                          we know that, he may not. please bring constructive comments into the chats mate. there is no point flaming some one for striking up a conversation. he was just asking if anyone felt the same way

Comment

not so much consoleish as incomplete.

Comment

the small spammy war maps certainly feel like a push towards the consolers

Comment

Working...
                              X