No announcement yet.

How to overclock a pentium 4 3.0ghz ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I have something called WCPUID, im looking around-I dont see prescott-not sure, how would I be able to tell if it is or not

Comment

woooo: I advise you to stop, you're clearly not knowledgeable on this topic, and overclocking isn't for the un-initiated.

I don't mean this as an insult, I'm just saying it's better to have a P4 3.0 than a lump of molten metal.

Comment

I need to figure out something because my cpu is holding me back. My gfx card and RAM are recommened and above UT3 specs-but my cpu is just above minimum.

And it hardly makes a difference when I play at highest or lowest settings/

Comment

i think i know why he want's this. he said he was going to buy a core2duo soon, and those are real overclocking beasts. so he wants to experiment

Comment

If you have a Dell or some other oem, then you won't be overclocking that cpu. If you've built the computer yourself, go to www.overclockers.com read through the forums, and the stickies on top of the forums. After you've done that you should know enough that you can ask people educated questions about the specifics of overclocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoë(Co30) View Post
              If you have a Dell or some other oem, then you won't be overclocking that cpu. If you've built the computer yourself, go to www.overclockers.com read through the forums, and the stickies on top of the forums. After you've done that you should know enough that you can ask people educated questions about the specifics of overclocking.
              =/ I have oem I think

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
                =/ I have oem I think
                If it's a Dell, Compaq, Lenovo... Then you can't overclock those computers. There is software out there that'll let you overclock some oem computers, but it's difficult to use correctly. Software overclocking of cpus doesn't really work that great, and more likely than not you'll have stability issues even if you do manage to get it overclocked.

Comment

Originally posted by ShocKWav3 View Post
                  It mainly depends on how much extra volts you put through it. The lifespan drain starts happening the second you start pumping up the vcore.
                  Pure nonsense in some way. CPUs have got a range of specifications, in wich they will run without any problems (But not stable, maybe). CPU cores have got a volt range, and a clock range. My Opteron has got a Volt range of 1,1Volt to 1,450V, but is specified to 1,350@2600MHz. Do you get it? If you stay in this range, nothing will be damaged. Cooling is the second point: u need a very good cooler to get the CPU stable.

Comment

Originally posted by woooo View Post
                    I need to figure out something because my cpu is holding me back. My gfx card and RAM are recommened and above UT3 specs-but my cpu is just above minimum.

And it hardly makes a difference when I play at highest or lowest settings/
                    I have the same CPU as you and its running around 50 FPS, maybe goes to around 40 when theres a lot of action and I am playing it on Med settings. So your CPU shouldn't be holdiing you back in this game. I have a 7600 GT with 2gb Ram also. Whats your GFX card?

Comment

Working...
                    X