Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which kB/mouse you going to use for UT3 PS3 version?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Which kB/mouse you going to use for UT3 PS3 version?

    I'm looking for some recommendations, anyone? list your KB/mouse combo please.

    #2
    If you want to use kb/mouse, buy a PC.

    It's kind of.. 'ironic' to use a KB/Mouse when having a console. the main trademark of a console are the controllers, using kb/mouse defeats the entire purpose and leaves you with a PC without an OS.

    Comment


      #3
      wow what a harsh reply... just looking for some information from ppl that are going to play UT3 in the PS3.

      Comment


        #4
        Hi Skippo

        I do not have a hardware recommendation, but I will provide you my thoughts about KBM for console from a competitive vantage.

        It makes all the sense in the world for there to be a migration from PC to console since the console leagues have proven to be the only true venue to be recognized for playing performance. Also, the hardware upgrades for PC, on the average, is equal to or more than an investment into either console platform, which is a major reason servers are empty.

        Unfortunately the console leagues are not interested in considering KBM anytime soon as communicated to me by one of the more recognized console league administrators. It is interesting that both the console platforms have USB and are readied for KBM, but the manufacturers have no intention of promoting it.

        The PCer's have waited for almost a decade for there to be a real sanctioned competition for UT in its various modes and settings other than a hosting company running a ladder script. Even the handful of PC leagues that are more than a hosting company trying to market services have only delivered the very limited number of competitions for UT over the years.

        When considering LAN competitions, consoles create a level playing field by everyone playing with the same hardware specifications. I see this as a great opportunity for a group who has the initiative to stand up a console league for UT3 and other FPS that allow KBM or the default controller (contact me if interested). While some in this thread may not agree, the default controller, with the little aim stick, is not the best input device for a FPS, especially with the movement of UT3.

        Console players, in general, using the standard default controller would get devastated if they went up against a PCer using KBM for the console. Why the manufacturers added the USB for KBM is beyond me.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by kaluro View Post
          If you want to use kb/mouse, buy a PC.

          It's kind of.. 'ironic' to use a KB/Mouse when having a console. the main trademark of a console are the controllers, using kb/mouse defeats the entire purpose and leaves you with a PC without an OS.
          kb/mouse simply will provide better control. don't belittle people because you do not agree with them. At least try and answer the question instead of waste our time and space. Also, you need to look up what ironic means because you definitely used the word incorrectly.

          I prefer the MX518 mouse. The keyboard I use you can't buy anymore. I preferred wired devices because sometimes you can get some delay with wireless.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by kaluro View Post
            If you want to use kb/mouse, buy a PC.

            It's kind of.. 'ironic' to use a KB/Mouse when having a console. the main trademark of a console are the controllers, using kb/mouse defeats the entire purpose and leaves you with a PC without an OS.
            What could have ever motivated either Sony or Microsoft to incur the unnecessary design or production costs to support KBM with USB, but not promote, KBM?

            Comment


              #7
              thanks for those replies, I have been playing UT since UT2003 came out, and at this point I don't have enough money to upgrade my PC so I decided to invest by buying a PS3 which I think is an awesome "open" console that allow me to use KBM to play UT3.That's why I'm here asking for some information so far the last 2 responses did a great help despite of the first one hhehe

              back on topic, I feel more comfortable playing FPS with KBM and that's the way it's meant to be played. ( hehe I stole that quote from nvidia ). So I have a logitech MX510 right now which it actually works perfectly when I plug it on my PS3. But I have a Ps/2 keyboard and I found that a PS/2 to USB adaptor doesn't work in the pS3. I'm looking to jump to wireless KBM stuff tho

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by skippo View Post
                thanks for those replies, I have been playing UT since UT2003 came out, and at this point I don't have enough money to upgrade my PC so I decided to invest by buying a PS3 which I think is an awesome "open" console that allow me to use KBM to play UT3.That's why I'm here asking for some information so far the last 2 responses did a great help despite of the first one hhehe

                back on topic, I feel more comfortable playing FPS with KBM and that's the way it's meant to be played. ( hehe I stole that quote from nvidia ). So I have a logitech MX510 right now which it actually works perfectly when I plug it on my PS3. But I have a Ps/2 keyboard and I found that a PS/2 to USB adaptor doesn't work in the pS3. I'm looking to jump to wireless KBM stuff tho

                Well, any usb keyboard works fine.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Im using a **** gameshark keyboard i bought for my ps2 back in the day for unreal tournament 1999 not the best design but it works and im using it now on pc* lol.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16879212007

                    Check that out homie, lol.

                    Logitech USB Keyboard for PS3

                    17$

                    you can get them even cheaper.

                    i have a logitech mx510 also that's a good mouse.

                    not the highest dpi ever, but it's comfortable and good enough dpi.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I forgot the name of the brand but it was a reduced gaming KB that had enough keys for binds, it was red buttons and gray/black, seems to be about a thrid of the width of a standard kb

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by unreal300 View Post
                        http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16879212007

                        Check that out homie, lol.

                        Logitech USB Keyboard for PS3

                        17$

                        you can get them even cheaper.

                        i have a logitech mx510 also that's a good mouse.

                        not the highest dpi ever, but it's comfortable and good enough dpi.
                        I will try to check that keyboard looks good I just hope Bestbuy or circuit city has it. thanks all

                        Comment


                          #13
                          im gonna use a my old imac g3 keyboard and a microsoft wireless optical mouse 2000

                          that keyboard is the only usb keyboard i actually own lol

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by kaluro View Post
                            leaves you with a PC without an OS.
                            Oh, i didn't realise linux no longer counted as an operating system. When was this decided?

                            As for a kb/m, im usin a wireless microsoft kb/m combo, 40 bucks at futureshop. They work fine for 2k4 and goty. You don't really need the most expensive gaming mouse on the market, just one that doesn't suck.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Someone mentioned to me XBox uses the XP kernel, which is the basis for cross platform consideration.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X