Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting VCTF maps to DM maps...

Can it be done?

I'd love to play some of the VCTF maps as deatmatch... If you know how please let me know..

Thanks,

Insidios1

You could certainly re-use the meshes and feel of the maps, but a straight switch to DM? bad idea, a DM map isn't supposed to be symmetric and maps with vehicles in mind are much to large and open generally speaking.

Comment

:-) Thanks for the fast reply.... Its for a lan next weekend we wanted to try it out for fun.. Even though its a bad idea.. in an ideal gaming situation.. Still can it be done easily? I'd still like to try it... "shrug"

Sid.

Comment

Should be easy enough, heard some had issues with cooked stuff but copying the file and re-naming it DM-* instead of VCTF-* and removing all vehicles, flags etc should work.

Comment

If I can convert a vCTF map to Warfare I'm sure you can convert one to DM. Whether they're actually suited for that is another matter. I don't see any of them (all five) being any good, really. Containment and Kargo are too big and too boring. Sandstorm and Suspense have a rather significant divide down the middle. Corruption might work, but it's very open.

Comment

sorry if im putting words in your mouth, but i think he might mean convert vCTF to vDM... like just freeforall/teams with vehicles.

If you do want to take away all the vehicles and stuff, i would get used to walkin alot :P

Comment

yeah, i want vehicle deathmaches too. hey more things to play *shrug. Tho i imagine there would be more camping/sniping.

Comment

Converting VCTF maps to DM maps...

why ? isn't it already just DM ? cough

VDM would be very nice. total chaos !! just what I like

Comment

Originally posted by SpineShanK View Post
                  why ? isn't it already just DM ? cough
                  lol... to the max

Comment

VDM is exactly where I was going with my idea.. Thought it would be a blast... Which files do I change specifically to achieve this?? I'm a bit of a noob in respect of editing.. but am going through the vids to learn the use of the editer...

Comment

Got it!!

I got it!

Its awesome... Its simply a matter of moving two files in to the my documents game folder with the other custom maps and renaming them to DM. The two files are DM-Sandstorm_LOC_int.upk and DM-Sandstorm.ut3.... and off you go.. Only failing with it is that there is no hoverboard....

Still its great.

Comment

yes I made all Warfare Map for Vehicle DM

and we have Invasion too can play as Vehicle Invasion too
                        you can use this mutator to have Hverboard....

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=587034

Comment

Thats brilliant.. I love the new board.. and it opens up the map for DM... makes it more possible to be fun...

Comment

try Make WAR-Downtown to DM-Downtown

it really fun ! feel like playing BF2142
                            also if play as Invasion must use vehicle Unlock Mutator
                            http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=585137

Comment

I got both the invasion mod and the vehicle unlocker.. Thanks and much much appreciated for the advice..

Comment

Working...
                              X