[PS3] - Global Servers? Dedicated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[PS3] - Global Servers? Dedicated?

Hey everyone. As most of you know, Europe wont be seeing UT3 anytime soon, though with the interesting dollar$ value we can import it cheap and get it a lot faster then waiting for the official release.

My question for Epic is though, if the servers are region based. Like if I import my UT3 copy from the US will I be able to play against Europeans when they pickup their PAL copy in like February.

And will UT3 support dedicated servers?

Please Epic let me know, a lot of Europeans want/need to know this and it can really stimulate sales cause there's a lot more available in feb then just UT3 so mayby people will buy other games then.

I wish Flak or Wartourist would answer this question. I'm in the same boat. I live in Australia and what to get this game for the multi player action AND I want it so that I'm not stupidly blocked by region or something like that.

In a game called Formula 1 Championship edition on PS3, the games deditcated global servers are set up by region so if you live in Australia and buy an American copy then you'll only be able to connect to the American servers and NOT European servers. That was a stupid thing about that game.

And yes as the OP pointed out, a lot of people want to know if we can just import the game from USA and play in Australia or Euro without fear of being limited in any way with respect to being able to connect to global servers in either USA or Europe. We need access to both.

OR just tell us if we will be restricted if we import. I will wait and buy it in Australia so that I can play on Aussie servers if need be but I'd dearly like to play it now when all the Americans get to play. We want to have a fun Xmas too you know lol

Comment

I don't know any console online game that discriminates against the player's territories. It's not likely that UT3 will do that.

If you're region-blocked, you should thank Sony for that, they can decide who plays where on their console.

Comment

Originally posted by Contra View Post
        I don't know any console online game that discriminates against the player's territories. It's not likely that UT3 will do that.

If you're region-blocked, you should thank Sony for that, they can decide who plays where on their console.
        Well F1 CE is a game that did discriminate based upon where you lived. or rather which version of the game you bought, hence the questions about if importing is a safe way to get the most out of the game.

And yeah not sure if it was a sony issue or what.

Comment

Please Epic, can we get an answer on this question?

Comment

Bump! Can't find any (p)reviews that say anything about this

Comment

Still hoping that Flak sees this thread.

Comment

No ps3 games are ever region coded, so if you import it it should function exactly the same as if you had bought it 2-3 months later in europe. In my experience the only way the ps3 ever knows where you are is from where you say you are when you make ur PSN account. I've made european and japanese psn accounts just to download the demos that weren't coming out in north america. If for some obscure reason it doesn't work, you could always ebay it 3 months from now.

I'd say its a safe bet, but im not an offical word.

Comment

bump! Please epic! Let us know!

Comment

Originally posted by nudie View Post
                    bump! Please epic! Let us know!
                    Maybe Epic are not allowed to post a reply about this topic... You might have more chance to get an answer on the PS3 forums...

EDIT: Epic not Epix

Comment

watch the latest 1up show, they say midway will do it.

Comment

Working...
                      X