Minor bug: Bio-Rifle Head Shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor bug: Bio-Rifle Head Shot!

For some reason, it's possible to get head shots with the bio-rifle under fluky circumstances. I think I've figured it out, but I'm not sure if this happens every time, or just once every so often.

Imagine three players. A, B and C.

A lands some goop onto B.
    C head-shot's B with a sniper rifle while A's goop is still in place.

A gets credited with the kill, and the announcer calls head-shot on their machine, even though they've never wielded a sniper-rifle during this whole incident.

I had a bio-rifle head shot once too

Comment

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if swallowing some goo made your head explode all on it's own, never mind the sniper's headshot...

np: Louie Austen ft. SeƱor Coconut And His Orchestra - Reality (Original Christopher Just Version) (Dreams Are My Reality)

Comment

You see, the bullet of Person C never reached person B; it instead exploded the goo around person B's head, thus it was actually a goop kill, and thus person A got the kill AND the bio explosion on the head which caused the headshot.

Comment

Originally posted by Leak View Post
          Well, I wouldn't be surprised if swallowing some goo made your head explode all on it's own, never mind the sniper's headshot...
          +1

10Characters

Comment

On a semi-unrelated note, I actually wish we could get headshots with any weapon. Maybe not for quite as much of a damage bonus, but at least some. I mean, is a rocket to the face really that much less grievous than a sniper bullet?

Comment

Originally posted by Vzur View Post
              On a semi-unrelated note, I actually wish we could get headshots with any weapon. Maybe not for quite as much of a damage bonus, but at least some. I mean, is a rocket to the face really that much less grievous than a sniper bullet?
              +1

However, it might cause the shock rifle experts to become seriously overpowered, if they could get headshots with the shock beam.

Comment

Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
                You see, the bullet of Person C never reached person B; it instead exploded the goo around person B's head, thus it was actually a goop kill, and thus person A got the kill AND the bio explosion on the head which caused the headshot.
                If that were the case, person C should get the goop kill and that's it. There's no headshot since the bullet never reaches the head, and C instigates the kill so it should be C's kill. Same as when you take someone out with a vehicle explosion.

Comment

What does the death message say btw?

Comment

Originally posted by BaronVonJimmy View Post
                    A lands some goop onto B.
                    C head-shot's B with a sniper rifle while A's goop is still in place.

A gets credited with the kill, and the announcer calls head-shot on their machine, even though they've never wielded a sniper-rifle during this whole incident.
                    If you shoot at a blob of Bio goop it detonates, it "makes sense" for player A to get the kill. Lol, it is kinda weird..

I like it though, prevents them from getting your kill.
                    If that were the case, person C should get the goop kill and that's it.
                    Player A was there 'first'. Thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cthulhu View Post
                      +1

However, it might cause the shock rifle experts to become seriously overpowered, if they could get headshots with the shock beam.
                      I don't mean all headshots should do massive damage, just more than regular shots. Maybe a bonus that'd vary with weapon, depending on balance issues.

Comment

Working...
                      X