Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who said controllers cant take on keyboard and mouse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
    Please tell those of us that have been playing PC shooters for the past 8+ years what about this or any game makes it "consoley" and follow it with examples of shooters on both PC and Consoles and how they conform to your hypothesis.
    That's quite an eloquent way of saying "write a science paper on that topic already"...

np: Marc Houle - Porch (Expansion / Contraction)

Comment

Please tell those of us that have been playing PC shooters for the past 8+ years what about this or any game makes it "consoley" and follow it with examples of shooters on both PC and Consoles and how they conform to your hypothesis.
      Don't bother. You won't get a very compelling answer, or argument.

People who try and argue the "PC is da bezt! Consulz Suk!" are mostly kids who jump on the "console is inferior" bandwagon because they can. It also it makes them feel superior because now anyone can enjoy gaming and it isn't reserved solely for "elites" like it used to be 10 years ago. It comes down to jealously -- Jealous that ordinary people can enjoy games without having to jump through the hoops PC gamers have to.

The truth is a good game is a good game irregardless of the platform it is on.

Each platform has its strengths and weaknesses. They should just play the games and quit trying to prove how big your e-penises are, or aren't.

Comment

Any game i join online i can always get kills on anyone with 360 controller but i never really try to win the match because i usually just chill in a corner untill someone walks by lol.

Mouse is alittle more accurate, but you can still aim pretty **** good with a joystick mouse is not enough of a advantage to not allow keyboard and mouse players vs controllers or reduce the speed of ut3.

Comment

microsoft wont allow keyboard/mouse to be used on xbox360.

epic didnt even need to make ut3 slower on ps3 either.

but there really is no reason the controller works great, mouse you can aim alittle more precise about it, but i like controller better feels more solid like my looking isnt wobbly like a mouse, but the key with aiming controller just use looking joystick get crosshair level and strafe/aim/shoot you dont even really need to always move joystick to aim, you strafe with enemy and put crosshairs on them lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Xellos View Post
            Cause we all know "ranks" really matter.

ROFL!!!
            A difference of a few ranks may not be significant but there a difference between let's say someone at rank 30k and someone at rank 2k something.

To OP: beating vegetables, afk people and people who barely know what a mouse looks like doesn't count.

Comment

He already admitted that he is better with a mouse and keyboard so the point is mute.

Yes you can do ok with a controller but if 2 people of the same skill level were playing each other one had controller the other m/k we all know who would win.

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
                He already admitted that he is better with a mouse and keyboard so the point is mute.

Yes you can do ok with a controller but if 2 people of the same skill level were playing each other one had controller the other m/k we all know who would win.
                there's always someone better than another.

Comment

Originally posted by Xellos View Post
                  Cause we all know "ranks" really matter.

ROFL!!!
                  Like someone above said, there is a difference from 30k to someone at 2k.

There is also a significance when the person has a 0.49 kill/death ratio...

Comment

Originally posted by unreal300 View Post
                    there's always someone better than another.
                    2 things,

1. I have seen some pretty even matches that could go either way depending on where they spawn, maybe 1 guy got a lucky shot etc. So there could be 2 people playing that are almost equal in skill to the point where either one could win.

2. Just because the OP owned some newbs with a controller doesn't mean he would not have done MUCH better with a mouse/keyboard.

I would say if you took someone that was a notch better then the other player, meaning he would usually win a 1v1 and gave him a controller and the other player mouse/keyboard the mouse/keyboard player would destroy the controller player. Multiple reasons, one is that the mouse/keyboard player is used to mouse and keyboard. Two is that you just can't aim as well or as fast with a controller, any controller player that think they can beat a good mouse/keyboard player is probably thinking this because they give you auto aim with a controller LOL.

Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
                    Like someone above said, there is a difference from 30k to someone at 2k.

There is also a significance when the person has a 0.49 kill/death ratio...
                    QFT

Comment

You actually died NINE TIMES against those noobies.

Comment

I think the point is that you can still be (very) good with a controller, but you'll never be as good as the best keyboard and mouse players.

If you're just joining random servers it wont make much difference anyway, its only if you get so good you want to do competitions that you'll find yourself lagging behind.

Comment

This thread trult is pointless.
                          Its a one sided argument that Mouse and Keyboard is better.

Comment

It's amazing how many times this arguement gets started and ends the same way

the only thing about this argument that has any relevance is the limitation between Joystick (thumbstick) movement and mouse movement. The mouse wins in this catagory because of the way it's designed. It just has more customizability and precision.

And before I get called a flame or a troll or anything else, I'm not saying that everyone using a console is **** at playing FPS games, just that if thier were a game to take place between the best Controller player and the best KB+Mouse player, the mouse player would have an advantage.

Comment

But controllers are better for vehichles. We knew that from BF2 - all the good chopper pilots used gamepads. So it isn't that cut and dry.

Comment

BF2 got different vehicle controls, the UT3 ones are optimized to mouse + keyboard, aiming with the mouse is a lot more accurate than with a gamepad.

Comment

Working...
                                X