No announcement yet.

Humiliating death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once i killed myself with a direct Hit of my own Rocket-launcher.
    Why? Ping about 250 and a naggy Netcode will make it possible: Loading the RL for a 3-round-Spiral-shot, release the button and: nothing, i hear a Fire-Sound, my Ammocount was decreased by 3 but no Rockets flying.
    Ok, keep moving foward, 10 feet later the Rockets appear (a long travel from Client to Server back to Client...) and shoot me in my back.

Comment

I also remember setting up an ambush for a bot. I waited 2 seconds before firing my flak cannon, but I accidentally shot the wall in front of me instead (stupid aim moved) and copped my own flak in my face.

Comment

How about Humiliating Kill poll? My Scorpion got pushed by someone else and they pushed it into an enemy and crushed them.

Comment

Originally posted by hocuspocus
          iver never had a camera fall on me before... anyone know what the console death message says?
          DeathString="`o was crushed when `k's camera fell from the sky!"
          FemaleSuicide="The sky is falling... on YOU!"
          MaleSuicide="The sky is falling... on YOU!"

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
          the Stinger has such a large cone of fire
          Not that large, really. The shots never seem to land outside the crosshair. That must be only a 5 degree cone. A Redeemer would fill your entire crosshairbefore it hits.

Originally posted by Arnout View Post
          Getting killed by power core shards is worst.
          I think so, too. Hasn't happened to me yet, but I did take damage on occasion. I wonder why Epic did this. The contestants can jump several stories down without adverse effects, make crash test dummies look like amateurs without taking any damage and eat heavy ordnance to the face without dying, but they can still get killed by a relatively small panel falling on them from a modest height.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
            The contestants can jump several stories down without adverse effects, make crash test dummies look like amateurs without taking any damage and eat heavy ordnance to the face without dying, but they can still get killed by a relatively small panel falling on them from a modest height.
            Ah, but none of the weapons' projectiles are even remotely loaded with POWER as the power cores are... those panels prolly have a similar effect as touching a 20kV line... nice 'n toasty...

np: Dominik Eulberg - Der Traum Vom Fliegen (Bionik)

Comment

Nothing like somehow getting roadkilled by a manta as you attempt to enter it (back in ut2004), or pressing Use on your flipped scorpion and it crushes you (also in ut2004).

Of course, nothing beats watching that shiny enemy shockcore fly up to you and then you detonate it in your face.

Best enemy suicide I EVER saw by far. Shooting a core down a corridor. My intended target dodgejumps across the opening, comboing himself in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by 9ades View Post
                Nothing like somehow getting roadkilled by a manta as you attempt to enter it (back in ut2004), or pressing Use on your flipped scorpion and it crushes you (also in ut2004).

Of course, nothing beats watching that shiny enemy shockcore fly up to you and then you detonate it in your face.

Best enemy suicide I EVER saw by far. Shooting a core down a corridor. My intended target dodgejumps across the opening, comboing himself in the process.
                Lmao nice! Apart from afew bots shooting rockets point blank into walls i've not really seen anything too funny, or done anything too stupid.

Did have my own raptor land on me as it went into automatic, slow fall mode...

I think someone should start a screenshot thread, but ONLY for very weird or funny screens you have.

Comment

feign death and dieing because your head just slightly went through a wall

Comment

impact hammered someone once and ended up running off edge of a cliff

Comment

i shot a rocket at a locked manta at enemy base and it rebounded against the wall and killed me

Comment

i got crushed by my own raptor :<

Comment

I voted Your own vehicle fall on you

Because this was the result.
                          [shot]http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7033/screenshot00008mediumls5.jpg[/shot]

The cause was in Suspense. I used the turbo to jump from the tower and I was on the suspension cable and sort of veered to the left and fell off. When the scorpion landed it flipped and continued forward. I was ejected into the path of the vehicle and it continued on and crushed me into the wall.

Comment

1.The most humiliating death by far for me personally is hanging on a raptor and get shot down by a mini.. Especially annoying if u have a flag :P

2.or crushed by your own vehicle when u try to enter it.. yes it happens in ut 3 too, its not really humiliating but its so.... annoying.

3.Getting gunned down by someone u thought was dead, I love doing this when there like 4 people shooting at you u feign death they all think.. ah the other guy got him.. psychology, then u stand up and start shooting people in the back. And as u see them turning around way to late and only with 10 hp left.. they just know that the corpse wasnt so dead afterall. That only works once or twice in a match tho. I seriously had one guy who had been had, shooting my corpse for 8 seconds straight when i actually did die, that made me chuckle ^^.

Now for the ultimate humiliation !!

Fly in a raptor and while its low on health u jump out grab ur mini and start laying waste too people. Not suspecting the raptor is still falling down from the sky u waste 1 person 2.. person.. Grab the big keg of health in suspense at the enemy base.... and still 2 persons left.

Then the raptor falls right on ur head and u get crushed by it.. while 2 people are watching it..

number 2

Getting the flag from enemy base to yours in suspense and just as u jump down the latch and ur 2 meters in front of your homeflag u see an enemy manta there who was waiting there for you, and runs over you ... and you see the words last second save on your screen and 1 sec later the flag is back again.. and u feel.. so...

pi**ed off and so stupid and so dumb at that moment.. theres nothing that comes close to it..

Comment

Most humiliating death is when you feign death near a parked vehicle and it somehow kills you. WTF

Comment

Working...
                              X