beta patch - fixed camera eye height?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

beta patch - fixed camera eye height?

Can someone who has the UT3 beta patch installed confirm if you actually feel shorter in the patch?

The patch notes said there's a camera eye-height fix, but I only play offline, so I don't want to install it yet if you actually feel shorter.

(one of my biggest turn-ons about UT3 was that you finally felt like you were of a half-decent height. I don't want to feel like a midget again... at least until the official patch comes out, so that I can play online)

Dario! How you been?

Any chance we will see a WAR-Dreamus?

Don't know about a height change in the patch.

Comment

Feels the same to me...

Comment

-Fixed scaling of certain player meshes (increased in size some human and
        robot meshes). *Addresses meshes being smaller than collision box, as well as eyeheight issues.

Comment

To me its a big difference. The people around you arent 4-foot dwarves anymore

To answer your question, I think not. I think you'll feel quite the opposite from shorter. They didnt really change your eyeheight so much as they made the player meshes taller so you didnt have to aim 2 feet above them to nail a headshot.

Comment

Originally posted by MajikMyst View Post
            Dario! How you been?

Any chance we will see a WAR-Dreamus?
            Hey MajikMyst!

A War-Dreamus? Sure, if someone makes one for me. I'm Gunrealing it up to the neck at the moment, so I don't have any mapping on the near horizon, as far as I know at this point. Kind of sucks how busy I am, but I think it's a lot more worth it.

Originally posted by Entil'Zha View Post
            -Fixed scaling of certain player meshes (increased in size some human and
            robot meshes). *Addresses meshes being smaller than collision box, as well as eyeheight issues.
            Ah, okay. When I re-read that, I understand what it means. When I skimmed over the change-log the first time, all that jumped out at me on that line was "as well as eyeheight issues," so I figured that meant either making you feel shorter or taller... and I somehow knew they wouldn't make you taller.

Comment

Working...
            X