No announcement yet.

Massive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have them bound directly to my parietal lobe.

Comment

I don`t have them bound at all.

ZING

Comment

bound to G-keys

Comment

Oo someone derailed this topic pretty bad

Comment

Only one Death by 40 Frags? I would call that a Cheater, not a Skilled Player.
            Back in the Demo-Times, there was a Deathmatch-Server with Heat-Ray running, and there was one Player who`s really unstoppable. And i mean it, three or four People shooting at him with everything they had, nothing happend. A full-strike with the Darkwalker: Nope, he wont die. At the End, he also had 50 Frags and only one Dead.
            And, if a bunch of Players would work together to kill you, you will get killed, no matter how skilled you are.
            Thats the Reason why People in a T-DM running around in small Groups, it`s way more affective.

And too much Players on a Map is really a Pain in the ***: you respawn after get killed and walk right into a well-armed Opponent, with only an Enforcer. Or another ones: you fight against an opponent and geht shot from behind by a passing Opponent...
            Back in UT99, there was Rocket-arena: Respawn with fully loaded Weapons, ready to go. Taht allows moe Players than a regular Deathmatch, cause you dont have to "waste Time" for getting a Weapon.

Comment

kaluro needs to join #ut3tdm or #ut3 and join some pugs. He's not leet until he plays with the big boys

Comment

So you're accusing me of cheating now? Is that how it is?
                I actually took time to time the powerups and to get the healthpacks swiftly when necessary, I mostly stayed around the elevator part, for easy ammunition access as well as health pack + jump boots ( Which also give me access to the shield belt ).

And another factor comes into play, The people on that server are the so called 'average pub players', meaning they just bunnyhop and spam around rather than to plan coordinated attacks. And that one death was because I ran into a triple rocket spiral.

If you call me a cheater, I'd like to play you in a duel to prove you wrong as I don't take accusations of that nature kindly.

And the only purpose of that screenshot was to prove the OP wrong. Remind me to actually blur my nickname away next time to prevent people like you from getting on my back.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                  I got all weapons bound to buttons on my mouse.
                  Hey, so do I. With piped switches you can have two weaps bound to each mouse button, based on your preferences for weapon strats.

Comment

Originally posted by kaluro View Post
                    So you're accusing me of cheating now? Is that how it is?
                    I actually took time to time the powerups and to get the healthpacks swiftly when necessary, I mostly stayed around the elevator part, for easy ammunition access as well as health pack + jump boots ( Which also give me access to the shield belt ).

And another factor comes into play, The people on that server are the so called 'average pub players', meaning they just bunnyhop and spam around rather than to plan coordinated attacks. And that one death was because I ran into a triple rocket spiral.

If you call me a cheater, I'd like to play you in a duel to prove you wrong as I don't take accusations of that nature kindly.

And the only purpose of that screenshot was to prove the OP wrong. Remind me to actually blur my nickname away next time to prevent people like you from getting on my back.
                    Its all well and good that you don't agree with me. That screenie proves that you had a really good game that time but really doesn't disprove any of my points.

Based on what you've said, it seems that the 'average pub players' you were ping-raping didn't really know how to play UT anyways, especially if you had such easy access to all the powerups, all the time.

Add a few more skilled players in there with the same approach to the game as yours and you probly would have had some troubles because you don't have to be the one taking the powerup to time it...you just have to witness it being taken and be there in time to fight for it next time around.

The commercial, rumble-style servers can be a lot of fun...a great place to warm up for more serious play but until we get some larger maps that support a larger variety of tactics I still believe that a server population >10 is excessive and detracts from the overall quality of the game experience.

Laters,

HoLo

Comment

So you're accusing me of cheating now?
                      You wont find me in your back (cause you have no eyes there, haha. ), i'll prefer European Servers, cause the Ping to Oversea-Servers is quite bad.

And yes, by only viewing this Screenshot, i would call you possibly a Cheater. I have no other proof, and i saw this Death/Frag-Ratio of more than 40:1 last time by this Cheater in the Demo.

Btw, i bet that in your Chatlog a lots of "Cheater!" apperas after that Match...

And for the end: I really dont want to offend you, i only said what i think when i take a look at the Screenshot.

Comment

Well actually, i only saw a few "GG" 's in the chat, and a "wow".
                        And I happen to live in europe as well so we can both play on a low ping server

And to be really honest, I was kind of surprised as well when I ended up with that 40-1, But it's all thanks to my opponents who just happened to be mr and mrs average.

Also, I don't think there are hacks/cheats available for online play as it stands? And if there are they should be easily filtered out no?

Also I played really cautious, as you see on the screenshot the #2 had already gotten 35 frags when I hit the 40 cap, and if I had godmode or aimbot for that matter, I'd just have rushed in to get as many frags as possible as quick as possible Oo so, well anyway.. add rkeeris@hotmail.com to your msn or 'kaluro' to your xfire or meet me at IRC ( Quakenet) nick = Kaluro

Comment

Id have recorded a demo for you but well.. you know the drill, no client side demos.
                          Actually I don't give a hell (not like I don't respect your progress, just I know how it looked like) I've played those matches myself (not that effective - maybe because ut was long ago so I didn't get used to the new UT - it was the demo those days - maybe because of lag) - all I can say, it's fun to plant nice hits on those guys, but I prefer 1v1 contact so I can not only see if I can hit a moving target, but also if that "moving target" can hit me and nobody would spoil our fun. And it's no go in those "overloaded" matches as there's always someone to engage or me or my opponent are hit bad before the contact so have to run away to rearm instead of fighting.

Comment

Kaluro I don't think you're a cheater, but I do think you're point of view doesn't PROVE anything. I personally prefer to play a DM game on a small map like Deck against 4 - 6 others. Any more than that and yeah, sure it can be fun (spammage or otherwise, either way it's hectic and entertaining) but it's a different experience. I like 1v1 too. No one is saying that crowded servers are necessarily BAD (well, very few people are) but that it'd be nice to see some servers with a lower player limit for those who like the slightly slower pace of playing a map that isn't a sardine can.

P.S. I'm pretty sure there ARE hacks already out there (again, I believe your screenshot because I've seen a friend do something similar). I was playing a game once against this guy who would instantly flip 180 degrees the moment you saw him to lock onto you with link secondary or minigun, never deviating from you if you dodged, wall dodged, or what. Seems to me that even if someone COULD pull of an exact weapon lock onto your rapid movement once, twice, three times even, eventually they'd falter. At the end of the round all players were on <40 points, except him on almost 200.

Comment

I don't see where this game has gone 'all spam' now, and I don't know much about that piped stuff since I never used it, anyway all I can see is people calling kaluro a cheater just by seeing a screenshot should start using their brains, yes it is possible but the other possibility is he simply outmatched those guys in skill.

Comment

UT3 is not a spam game. It is very rare that I find myself getting killed and not know what just happened. It is also very easy to kill the spammers if you know how to aim. Hell, I even killed quite a few better armed people with just my enforcer.

I actually prefer maps with more people, less people is a lot more boring to me. You end up running around, stocking up on all weapons and ammo, only to find someone and fight for a few seconds. With a lot of people, I usually just end up dealing with that weapon is closest to me, and have a better chance of fighting multiple people at once.

Comment

Working...
                                X