No announcement yet.

What keyboard do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been using Logitech Keyboards and Mice for a Decade now. Wouldn't recommend anything else.

Currently using the G15 Keyboard and G7 Cordless mouse.

Comment

razer tarantula > logitech g15

Comment

I have a saitek eclipse 1 because the newer version is ugly and the keys dont wear out on this one.

Its perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Therealjoe View Post
          I have a saitek eclipse 1 because the newer version is ugly and the keys dont wear out on this one.

Its perfect.
          The A and S keys are worn out on my Eclipse.

Comment

ive had g15 g5 g7 and broke them all

using razer lachesis and tarantula now

tarantula best keyboard ive ever used 50x better than g15 i had

Comment

Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000. Cheap, sturdy, ergonomic, easy to clean, flat keys, and without pro-gaymer pretenses. It's great.

Comment

I use a logitech ultra x premium with a g3

Comment

Originally posted by NFX View Post
                  Well actually, I was looking for a normal keyboard layout that is good for regular use AND gaming.

I've been looking at the Razer Tarantula (don't think I'll get it because of some of the things I've heard),
                  I've had the tarantula for a while now and not a single problem. Don't say you don't like it b/c of what you've heard if you aren't even going to say what it is.

Comment

Here's what I don't like about it:
                    1) It's too big
                    2) It's too expensive
                    3) It's too flashy
                    4) It has too many useless keys
                    5) It's made by Razer
                    6) It's named after a despicable creature that I hope becomes extinct real soon
                    7) The font on the keys is wrong
                    8) If you smash it a couple of thousand times with a sledgehammer, drive a 70-ton steamroller over it and then throw it into an active volcano, it's going to be broken like any other keyboard.
                    9) It doesn't self-destruct before reaching retail

Comment

hey now arnout i like u cause u been helping me with my audio thread but hating on tarantulas isnt cool man. I have a pet tarantula named Big Bertha, she's a beautiful honduran curly hair tarantula, about 6 inches long and 7 years old. Really they are great pets, very low maintenance cause they dont poop so u never have to clean the cage. Shes really nice I could hold her on my hand if I wanted to but i dont. I also happen to love my tarantula kb and I think u like them too cause your post is a bit sarcastic lol!

Comment

Originally posted by xi0s View Post
                        I've had the tarantula for a while now and not a single problem. Don't say you don't like it b/c of what you've heard if you aren't even going to say what it is.
                        I didn't say I don't like it. It has everything I'm looking for. I said I probably won't buy it because of what I've heard, like keys failing to work after long-term usage. I'm looking at buying a keyboard and not getting a new one for years.

The pass-through USB port is a must for me and it has it, and the audio jack is nice too.

I'd probably buy it over the others if they didn't put all those buttons on the side (not the macro buttons) instead of on the top, and switching the delete/home key setup because of it. And if all the keys lit up.

Comment

hey NFX, check out the Razer Lycosa. Its their new KB, all keys backlit and it doesnt have the side multi command keys. Its a bit smaller than the tarantula, sounds like what u might be looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by supreal View Post
                            hey NFX, check out the Razer Lycosa. Its their new KB, all keys backlit and it doesnt have the side multi command keys. Its a bit smaller than the tarantula, sounds like what u might be looking for.
                            Huh, I wonder how I missed this one... this is a very promising keyboard right here...

Thanks for pointing this out.

Comment

I am using a IBM keyboard.

Year bought: 1995.

IDK, but older keyboards are a lot more springy, and that really helps your typing speed and accuracy imo.

Comment

Originally posted by NitrousOxide View Post
                                I am using a IBM keyboard.

Year bought: 1995.

IDK, but older keyboards are a lot more springy, and that really helps your typing speed and accuracy imo.
                                Yeah, I don't like the mush that certain keyboards have, e.g. the Saitek Eclipse. It looks REALLY cool but my typing efficiency has gone down dramatically with that keyboard. Now I'm using a Logitech G15 v2 and while it's not clicky like those old IBM keyboards, my typing efficiency is a lot better than with the Eclipse.

Comment

Working...
                                X