What keyboard do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    hey now arnout i like u cause u been helping me with my audio thread but hating on tarantulas isnt cool man. I have a pet tarantula named Big Bertha, she's a beautiful honduran curly hair tarantula, about 6 inches long and 7 years old. Really they are great pets, very low maintenance cause they dont poop so u never have to clean the cage. Shes really nice I could hold her on my hand if I wanted to but i dont. I also happen to love my tarantula kb and I think u like them too cause your post is a bit sarcastic lol!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here's what I don't like about it:
    1) It's too big
    2) It's too expensive
    3) It's too flashy
    4) It has too many useless keys
    5) It's made by Razer
    6) It's named after a despicable creature that I hope becomes extinct real soon
    7) The font on the keys is wrong
    8) If you smash it a couple of thousand times with a sledgehammer, drive a 70-ton steamroller over it and then throw it into an active volcano, it's going to be broken like any other keyboard.
    9) It doesn't self-destruct before reaching retail

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by NFX View Post
    Well actually, I was looking for a normal keyboard layout that is good for regular use AND gaming.

I've been looking at the Razer Tarantula (don't think I'll get it because of some of the things I've heard),
    I've had the tarantula for a while now and not a single problem. Don't say you don't like it b/c of what you've heard if you aren't even going to say what it is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use a logitech ultra x premium with a g3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000. Cheap, sturdy, ergonomic, easy to clean, flat keys, and without pro-gaymer pretenses. It's great.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ive had g15 g5 g7 and broke them all

using razer lachesis and tarantula now

tarantula best keyboard ive ever used 50x better than g15 i had

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Therealjoe View Post
    I have a saitek eclipse 1 because the newer version is ugly and the keys dont wear out on this one.

Its perfect.
    The A and S keys are worn out on my Eclipse.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a saitek eclipse 1 because the newer version is ugly and the keys dont wear out on this one.

Its perfect.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    razer tarantula > logitech g15

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Been using Logitech Keyboards and Mice for a Decade now. Wouldn't recommend anything else.

Currently using the G15 Keyboard and G7 Cordless mouse.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
    I have a Saitek Eclipse too. It's a very sturdy keyboard, although I have managed to wear the 'S' key off...
    Something about that S key. I've worn that off of all the keyboards I've had! I must be pressing too hard when backpedaling.

As far as keyboards I don't recommend wireless. I bought the Microsoft wireless laser desktop 6000 v2.0 (on sale for $50) and I ended up removing it and putting back the wired keyboard that came with my computer. The ASD keys just were not as responsive. Everytime I tried to strafe it reacted too slow causing many deaths I could had dodged from. Sometimes I kept tapping them and nothing happened. The wireless laser mouse it comes with has this tilt wheel and I couldn't alt-fire because I kept pressing it down sideways into a null spot. I put back my old trusty Logitech MX518 gaming mouse. Its the best mouse I've ever owned.

The $20 Microsoft comfort curve 2000 USB keyboard is a good value. I have it on my old PC that I used to play UT2004 on and it was great and I love the low profile keys. Plus it is water resistant.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well actually, I was looking for a normal keyboard layout that is good for regular use AND gaming.

I've been looking at the Razer Tarantula (don't think I'll get it because of some of the things I've heard), the Logitech G15 v2 (don't have any problems with it), and still the Saitek Cyborg Keyboard (just have to wait a little while).

Don't get me wrong, some of those that are dedicated to gaming are pretty cool. The Ergodex DX1 is awesome but EXPENSIVE. And I don't understand how you press the keys? If you can move them freely, it's pretty obvious that it's not going to feel like normal keyboard keypresses.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by martinblank View Post
    I use an IBM Model M. Best keyboard out there.
    QFT.

About the only keyboard you can kill with in-game and in real life *and* expect it to still work...

They're now made and sold by Unicomp instead of IBM, but they're still out there...

Failing that, I'd have recommended a Keytronic KT2000, but I fear they're not making them anymore.

np: Cobblestone Jazz - Saturday Night (23 Seconds)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I should beat that guy then

Oh well, the G15 v2 works well for me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah it lacked vista drivers for 2 weeks or so, I've run it on 32bit and 64bit vista ultimate np, I suggest beating the guy that claimed it lacked drivers.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X