No announcement yet.

What keyboard do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the Razer Tarantula, only thing i dont like is not every button is back-lit, but i dont mind much. Buttons are all programmable via the packaged software, and there are 10 macro keys, though i have not found a use for them yet =P

Comment

Originally posted by Skill View Post
      hows the n52 perform? also have you tried any other such devices (fang, etc)?
      It performs great. You can bind whatever functions you like to the keys, macros included. It also has 3 shift states so you effectively quadruple the number of binds you can use. The buttons are a little stiff at first. but they break in nicely. The worst is the space bar. Until it gets broken in, it doesn't move quite as freely as I'd like, but it's perfect afterwards.

I haven't used any other gamepads. This was my first and it worked out perfectly. I didn't want to switch around because I'd have to relearn everything all over again. Based on appearance, and putting my hands on others at the store, this one is perfect for my uses. The buttons are well spaced, and there aren't too many of them. I can use shift functions and not have my fingers roam too far.

Comment

Razer Tarantula for me. I don't like their mice but this keyboard is great! I had a G15 for a while until I accidentally spilled beer on it, now I'm glad I did because I replaced it with a Tarantula and I have to say this keyboard is better than the G15 in my opinion. The keys seem to be much higher quality and they have an ultra fast response time of 1 ms opposed to 8 ms on most other KB's. Like the poster above stated the only drawback is not all the keys are backlit but that's not a big deal for me.

Comment

my keyboard is so ghetto it doesnt even have a brand.
          its old, faded, and i popped off the left windows key so i can hit Ctrl and ALt without messing up my games

Comment

logitech g15 ;>

Comment

Logitech G15 v2. Looks beautiful, the extra 6 macro keys are plentiful, the keys are excellent for typing, and overall it's just a great feature-filled keyboard.

Comment

Same here, Eclipse, its good, but typing seems a little weird?!?!

G5 mouse, which I do not like at all compared to my old 99 or 00' microsoft mouse.

Comment

Belkin Nostromo SpeedPad n52
                  [shot]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JRDZSJTPL.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman/Denial View Post
                    Same here, Eclipse, its good, but typing seems a little weird?!?!

G5 mouse, which I do not like at all compared to my old 99 or 00' microsoft mouse.
                    I used an Eclipse before the G5, my typing efficiency went down by a lot compared to my old Logitech Wireless Elite keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                      Belkin Nostromo SpeedPad n52
                      [shot]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JRDZSJTPL.jpg[/shot]
                      I was thinking of getting one but is it true that there is no driver support for Vista? I wouldn't want my investment to be useless when I upgrade my OS.

Comment

Yeah it lacked vista drivers for 2 weeks or so, I've run it on 32bit and 64bit vista ultimate np, I suggest beating the guy that claimed it lacked drivers.

Comment

I should beat that guy then

Oh well, the G15 v2 works well for me

Comment

Originally posted by martinblank View Post
                            I use an IBM Model M. Best keyboard out there.
                            QFT.

About the only keyboard you can kill with in-game and in real life *and* expect it to still work...

They're now made and sold by Unicomp instead of IBM, but they're still out there...

Failing that, I'd have recommended a Keytronic KT2000, but I fear they're not making them anymore.

np: Cobblestone Jazz - Saturday Night (23 Seconds)

Comment

Well actually, I was looking for a normal keyboard layout that is good for regular use AND gaming.

I've been looking at the Razer Tarantula (don't think I'll get it because of some of the things I've heard), the Logitech G15 v2 (don't have any problems with it), and still the Saitek Cyborg Keyboard (just have to wait a little while).

Don't get me wrong, some of those that are dedicated to gaming are pretty cool. The Ergodex DX1 is awesome but EXPENSIVE. And I don't understand how you press the keys? If you can move them freely, it's pretty obvious that it's not going to feel like normal keyboard keypresses.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                                I have a Saitek Eclipse too. It's a very sturdy keyboard, although I have managed to wear the 'S' key off...
                                Something about that S key. I've worn that off of all the keyboards I've had! I must be pressing too hard when backpedaling.

As far as keyboards I don't recommend wireless. I bought the Microsoft wireless laser desktop 6000 v2.0 (on sale for $50) and I ended up removing it and putting back the wired keyboard that came with my computer. The ASD keys just were not as responsive. Everytime I tried to strafe it reacted too slow causing many deaths I could had dodged from. Sometimes I kept tapping them and nothing happened. The wireless laser mouse it comes with has this tilt wheel and I couldn't alt-fire because I kept pressing it down sideways into a null spot. I put back my old trusty Logitech MX518 gaming mouse. Its the best mouse I've ever owned.

The $20 Microsoft comfort curve 2000 USB keyboard is a good value. I have it on my old PC that I used to play UT2004 on and it was great and I love the low profile keys. Plus it is water resistant.

Comment

Working...
                                X