Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mtv2004 View Post
    321 players are online now lol
    ....in the middle of the night on a Sunday....

Comment

that's the number it had the last several days

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

the other games aren't having trouble imo

Comment

Originally posted by mtv2004 View Post
        that's the number it had the last several days

the other games aren't having trouble imo
        "UT2004: 4157 players"
        "Halo Demo: 654 players"
        "UT3: 311 players"

That's just sad.

Comment

There is not that many people playing UT2004 right now either. It looks like the master server is jacked up and it is reporting multiple instances of the same servers in every gametype filter skewing the player count results. UT3 stats look accurate though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiln_Viln View Post
            There is not that many people playing UT2004 right now either. It looks like the master server is jacked up and it is reporting multiple instances of the same servers in every gametype filter skewing the player count results. UT3 stats look accurate though.
            UT2k4 has 823 players according to Game Monitor. Still higher than UT3

Comment

The assault servers in UT2004 are very busy late nights into early mornings. All the assault trials and stuff keeps many people up. Its tons of fun. I myself go to a UT2004 assault server when im done playing UT3 or cod4 late at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruz View Post
                I don't get these number comparisons...

I've never had a problem finding a full server, or for that matter, even one that's almost full and has an empty spot. No matter what game type I'm playing. So what if there's 800 or 8,000,000? You're still going to be playing with the same number of people at a time anyway. And if there's enough to fill the need, then who cares?
                Agreed. I'm in the Northeast and haven't had trouble finding a populated server with decent pings. More players would be great, but there's definitely enough to make the online game playable. It would, however, be a bummer if the online PC community peaked at this population. Anybody remember what the online population was like in the first couple of weeks after the UT04 release?

Comment

It doesn't help that the game still is not on store shelves at some major stores near me. I couldn't find it at my local Super Walmart or my local Meijer (superstore chain).

Also--no sign of it in this week's ad flyers (but other popular PC games are listed).

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
                    It doesn't help that the game still is not on store shelves at some major stores near me. I couldn't find it at my local Super Walmart or my local Meijer (superstore chain).

Also--no sign of it in this week's ad flyers (but other popular PC games are listed).
                    thats because its so popular that all the copies are sold out LOL

btw this is monday, 8:25 PM EST and there are only 640 servers, 539 players online. Swat has more people playing lol

Comment

I know the ED rankings go down to at least 50,000 or so, but does that include people playing the Demo or people with more than one name on the same CD-key? or to put it another way, what is the total number of people who have managed to play in at least one online match so far?

Comment

Working...
                      X