Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beta Patch 3 Fixes List

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    no custom crosshairs?

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by damnu2 View Post
      no custom crosshairs?

      http://unrealna.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602

      Comment


        #33
        Still nothing about turning off those dang white arrows?

        How bout being able to change weapons while holding an area shield or spider mine?

        You also need to release a patch soon to really get the bugs. More testers equals more bugs found. That and I am tired of a buggy game.

        Comment


          #34
          question: will you be able to make costum crosshairs for every weapon specific? like in ut2k4?

          Comment


            #35
            Bet they havn't fixed Bot AI keeping a target lock on you 24/7.....
            If you don't think it's an issue, IT IS.....

            I was playing the campaign and on one of the Torlan maps, a Bot in a hover board was more interested in me, and I mean by guiding around my team mates just to shoot me,,, and it was NOT a tatical decission, plainly deliberate. Of course I died, and then he flew off to get the node not even caring about my team mates that happen to be next to me (this happens a LOT). This **** needs fixing if they want the game to survive offline.

            As for HDR, there is NONE in the demo and none what so ever in retail.
            Bloom, DOF and VDM are not part of the HDR technology.

            Lesson on HDR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging
            Lesson on Bloom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloom_%28shader_effect%29
            Lesson on VDM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_mapping

            Not that i'm being sarcastic, I just heard a lot people saying the game has HDR, that bloom is HDR, blagh blagh..

            UT3 graphics are nothing special, very basic and very very slow for what is being used.
            Maybe they should work on the graphics engine a bit, it kinda sucks.

            Comment


              #36
              Are the patches cumulative, or I should download beta1 and 2 too?

              Comment


                #37
                They're culminative, since they're all versions of the same patch.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by ProjectUT View Post
                  Bet they havn't fixed Bot AI keeping a target lock on you 24/7.....
                  If you don't think it's an issue, IT IS.....

                  I was playing the campaign and on one of the Torlan maps, a Bot in a hover board was more interested in me, and I mean by guiding around my team mates just to shoot me,,, and it was NOT a tatical decission, plainly deliberate. Of course I died, and then he flew off to get the node not even caring about my team mates that happen to be next to me (this happens a LOT). This **** needs fixing if they want the game to survive offline.

                  As for HDR, there is NONE in the demo and none what so ever in retail.
                  Bloom, DOF and VDM are not part of the HDR technology.

                  Lesson on HDR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging
                  Lesson on Bloom: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloom_%28shader_effect%29
                  Lesson on VDM: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displacement_mapping

                  Not that i'm being sarcastic, I just heard a lot people saying the game has HDR, that bloom is HDR, blagh blagh..

                  UT3 graphics are nothing special, very basic and very very slow for what is being used.
                  Maybe they should work on the graphics engine a bit, it kinda sucks.
                  Uhm, Unreal Engine 3 actually is a native 64-bit HDR engine. You're thinking backwards -- it doesn't have a standard colour pipe.

                  But I can talk for hours and hours -- this video has an example of it's HDR technology. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1m7T5ay_8DI

                  But you're 100% correct that Bloom, DOF, VDM, etc. are NOT HDR.

                  HDR is actually 2 things... the one you mentioned (the first one) is kinda something else than what people typically refer to when they talk about HDR.

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging
                  HDRI which is something different involving cubemaps to get accurate lighting using chrome balls and stuff.

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dy...ange_rendering
                  HDR Rendering -- which is a method of storing the "player's retina" as a 64-bit (in this case... you bittage may vary) color. The reason for such high colors is to get accurate lighting regardless of the conditions.

                  If you are outside -- your iris will naturally close to allow less light. If you're inside, or in a cave -- your iris will naturally open to allow more light. In non-HDR games -- this meant to get accurate lighting you needed to tweak the game engine to work with whatever conditions you have at that very moment in time.



                  There-in lies the problem... what if the player wants to move from one brightness to another.

                  ---Doom 3's method: Well... we all know how Doom3 looks outdoors Lets forget about it.

                  ---Halo 2's method: Make 2 different lighting profiles in the skybox... one for indoors, one for outdoors.

                  ---Unreal Tournament 3's method (HDR): Have the lights be of the corresponding intensities... and let the game decide on a (sort-of) frame-by-frame basis how it should interpret the data it's given. The lighting data calculated is ALWAYS the full possible intensity spectrum, from 30 photons/pixel for a dark cavern... to 30,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 photons/pixel for a bright summer day. It is only converted to (Red)0-255(Green)0-255(Blue)0-255 colour when it goes to actually squash the HDR image into an image your monitor can understand.

                  ***

                  So yea, Unreal Engine 3 is HDR... but no, HDR is NOT Bloom... Bloom is a side-effect of HDR.

                  HDR mostly a developer tool for fun things like giving the map author an easier time lighting his map... and to allow for fun things in the future like Global Illumination.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Epic Please take note

                    None of the patched games (including r3) allow you to launch a LAN server. Works fine in non patched UT3, WILL NOT work with patches.
                    PLEASE FIX.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      im using the beta3 patch.

                      fav tab will only work from your server history. you still cant just add from server browser or by ip.

                      while in spectator u cant join as a player.

                      i still cant seam to join a server with the open ip command.

                      the new xhair system is very limited & overly complicated than it really needs to be, but anything to fix the default xhair is a good thing.

                      apart from the fov slider bar pretty much nothing has been sorted with the ui.

                      also the mutator listing showing wrongly in the server browser, dont seam 2b fixed yet.

                      epic should bite the bullet & release the offical patch now, because imo it gonna take several patches to get this sorted. and its not fair to have some peeps playing with fixes and some peeps playing with the game in its default state. everyone has paid for the game and with every game patches are expected so get it done epic.


                      soz if this tread get closed now

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
                        Uhm, Unreal Engine 3 actually is a native 64-bit HDR engine. You're thinking backwards -- it doesn't have a standard colour pipe.

                        But I can talk for hours and hours -- this video has an example of it's HDR technology. http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=1m7T5ay_8DI

                        But you're 100% correct that Bloom, DOF, VDM, etc. are NOT HDR.

                        HDR is actually 2 things... the one you mentioned (the first one) is kinda something else than what people typically refer to when they talk about HDR.

                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dynamic_range_imaging
                        HDRI which is something different involving cubemaps to get accurate lighting using chrome balls and stuff.

                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_dy...ange_rendering
                        HDR Rendering -- which is a method of storing the "player's retina" as a 64-bit (in this case... you bittage may vary) color. The reason for such high colors is to get accurate lighting regardless of the conditions.

                        If you are outside -- your iris will naturally close to allow less light. If you're inside, or in a cave -- your iris will naturally open to allow more light. In non-HDR games -- this meant to get accurate lighting you needed to tweak the game engine to work with whatever conditions you have at that very moment in time.



                        There-in lies the problem... what if the player wants to move from one brightness to another.

                        ---Doom 3's method: Well... we all know how Doom3 looks outdoors Lets forget about it.

                        ---Halo 2's method: Make 2 different lighting profiles in the skybox... one for indoors, one for outdoors.

                        ---Unreal Tournament 3's method (HDR): Have the lights be of the corresponding intensities... and let the game decide on a (sort-of) frame-by-frame basis how it should interpret the data it's given. The lighting data calculated is ALWAYS the full possible intensity spectrum, from 30 photons/pixel for a dark cavern... to 30,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 photons/pixel for a bright summer day. It is only converted to (Red)0-255(Green)0-255(Blue)0-255 colour when it goes to actually squash the HDR image into an image your monitor can understand.

                        ***

                        So yea, Unreal Engine 3 is HDR... but no, HDR is NOT Bloom... Bloom is a side-effect of HDR.

                        HDR mostly a developer tool for fun things like giving the map author an easier time lighting his map... and to allow for fun things in the future like Global Illumination.
                        Yes I know it has HDR in the engine, just look at Assassin Cread, but they are not using it at all in UT3 like the older videos. Bloom shaders are good for glowing effect like on the weapons and pickups which is whats used, but for the environment HDR just looks superior and clear.

                        I wish you would do something about the lighting in the game as well, Deck looks like something out of Doom3 and looks bad(doom3 looked good and did it well, they just missed the light on the weapons ), I dont know what it is with the obsession with dark levels relying on glow effects to see stuff.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by Gareee View Post
                          Did you read the DX 10 commentsin those two articles? there is no mention at all of new graphic features utilising DX10.. just mention of "support" which to me just means the game will run on it.

                          Mark even mentions that there really were no great graphic improvements they could add with DX10, and dx 10 players are still a very small percentage of the gaming community.

                          Since it's been proven already that ut3 runs faster under xp anyway, I don;t see a huge gamer advantage of moving to vista and dx10.

                          Personally, I'd like to see dx10 officially made available for XP... then there would be a reason to really ustilize it's additional features.
                          What you need a direct quote for Mark Rein Say'n DX10 Will be in the game OK here is one:

                          GI: Will UT3 have DX10 right out of the box?

                          Rein: Absolutely. It’ll support DX10.


                          Dont know what else to tell ya. If you were going to ask someone if a ATI Video card would support UT3 and ATI Said "Yes" you would expect them to do that right?

                          Well When when GI ask Mark Rein if DX10 will be supported in UT3 He said yes! So Im expecting it to be in the game ok geez gimme a break already geeze!

                          here is where the question was asked. Its the last question on the bottom of the page

                          http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Sto...1423.58507.htm

                          Comment


                            #43
                            It supports DirectX 10 just fine, I'm running it on Vista right now.

                            "Supports" doesn't mean "uses all the features of".

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Ryster View Post
                              It supports DirectX 10 just fine, I'm running it on Vista right now.

                              "Supports" doesn't mean "uses all the features of".
                              Well no kidding... just for your info DX10 is NOT implemented in the game at this time. So how can you say it "WORKS JUST FINE?"

                              roflmfao

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Support of DX 10 can mean 2 things.. it can mean that the game runs fine under DX10, or it can mean that additional dx 10 specific features are added in the game.

                                You are wanting the later, but all posts from mark Specifically on DX10 support indicate the former, NOT the later.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X