Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the in-game graphics look like the old screenshots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The shots I've posted are from Unreal Editor (I mean the models )...they are mostly cinematic models...Unfortunately I couldn't use them in gameplay...

Everything is maxed out ...1280*1024 4AA 16AF and what's available in the menu , ran on Vista 32...

Comment

And Malcolm? :P

Comment

For some unknown reason the UnrealED doesnt want to open the package where Malcolm's model is contained... ..tried many times but nothing happens...others can be opened

Comment

Why is it so important how detailed the characters and textures are?

Comment

In my opinion graphics is very important for the gameplay felling and to enjoy the looks of the environment.
            UT3 is a fast game and I often conentrate on the characters, that´s why it´s important that the characters are detailed.
            Many maps are tight and therefore I spot textures quality very easy, that´s why I want them to look detailed.

Comment

So you never had fun playing older generation games (such as UT'99)?

Comment

I have never played Ut99 but I have had fun playing quake.
                The point is that if I´m going to buy UT3 I want it to be worth the money and so far the gameplay is very good, so is the sound (different announcer voices would have been nice though),
                I don´t want to feel that UT3 PC-version has been downgraded in graphics because todays console can´t do what a PC can.

Comment

Play the beta demo and that will answer your question.

Comment

Originally posted by NiteX View Post
                    Play the beta demo and that will answer your question.
                    I have and the only character there´s in the Beta demo is the Robot.
                    It´s hard to find in-game screenshots with characters.

Does the in-game characters have the same detail as the characters on the customization menu?

Once agains I want to thank everyone for the information and help.

Comment

Originally posted by SebastianO View Post
                      I have and the only character there´s in the Beta demo is the Robot.
                      Actually, that's just a dude in armor...

Comment

The difference is marginal, but it's not important because you won't be able to see it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhykker View Post
                          Actually, that's just a dude in armor...
                          I forgot that but thanks for reminding me.

Originally posted by Arnout View Post
                          The difference is marginal, but it's not important because you won't be able to see it anyway.
                          Is there any chance you could post some comparasion screenshots, thanks.

Comment

I won't do that because you can already find plenty of screenshots online. You've even played the demo already, so I don't understand what the issue is.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnout View Post
                              I won't do that because you can already find plenty of screenshots online. You've even played the demo already, so I don't understand what the issue is.
                              The issue is that I don´t own the full and in the demo there´s only one character, I want to know how the others look compared to the more detailed characters cut-scene models.
                              I can´t make a comparasion like that because I only have the Beta demo and the it´s hard to find comparasion screenshots on the internet especially when I don´t know what settings they are playing on.

You don´t have to do anything for me, but I would be very thankfully if you or someone else could.
                              The graphics in UT3 is very good, the textures does also look good, now my only concern is the characters detail.

Comment

Originally posted by General.Jung View Post
                                Hello PATSCRU,

No reason for insulting, but I agree absolutlely. The character and the world textures are really low resolutioned, sometimes badder then in Unreal Tournament 2004 at least for the world textures. I really hope that EPIC will improve it after fixing the biggest bugs, the graphic does really needs some heavy tweaks. The whole colours are blurry, also on vivid and the resolution of the textures are really poor. Also the Anti Aliasing Support needs some tweak in the transparent areas. The keyword is Super Sampling which will be handled in the near future. So to answer your question the game does nearly not looks like the screenshots promised at least from the character and world side. I have still hope that EPIC will improve it.
                                QFT

This is nowhere near the promoshots period.It was claimed that the demo used medium texture detail but i cant see any difference in the retail game when everything is maxed out.They should have included more highres content for those that has the systems to run it,the game runs great sure but most everything look **** close up.

Comment

Working...
                                X