Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There needs to be an official ranking system.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There needs to be an official ranking system.

Here is an idea, go to the commandandconquer.com website and see how they set up 1 vs 1 rankings and copy it here. Also team rankings would be nice for team deathmatch, ctf, vctf, and warfare. That way when we play a ranked duel match it sets us up within our rank range. I am getting tired of playing people that are 100 times better than I am. I know I suck, but can I atleast play other people that suck too? I think that is why there is hardly anyone online playing where Halo 3 and call of duty have over 500,000 people online at a time. If all else fails we could do gamespy arena, but it is such a pain challenging people all the time, it is nice just to hit a button and it matches you up right away to play with someone close to your rank.

Originally posted by drjacobs View Post
    Here is an idea, go to the commandandconquer.com website and see how they set up 1 vs 1 rankings and copy it here. Also team rankings would be nice for team deathmatch, ctf, vctf, and warfare. That way when we play a ranked duel match it sets us up within our rank range. I am getting tired of playing people that are 100 times better than I am. I know I suck, but can I atleast play other people that suck too? I think that is why there is hardly anyone online playing where Halo 3 and call of duty have over 500,000 people online at a time. If all else fails we could do gamespy arena, but it is such a pain challenging people all the time, it is nice just to hit a button and it matches you up right away to play with someone close to your rank.
    500.000 people? Maybe you should check your numbers a bit. The highest rating PC shooter is Counter Strike with it's ~80.000 players. CS source has like 40.000. No other game comes even close. BF2 12.000, TF2 6.000, CoD2 4.000 and so on.

Comment

Just as much as the bad players hate playing good players... It really sucks to fall several hundred ranks just because someone ranked 15000th killed you once.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
        Just as much as the bad players hate playing good players... It really sucks to fall several hundred ranks just because someone ranked 15000th killed you once.
        Totally agree, I was in the top 50 and now I'm 400 something hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
          I just had a really good idea: I'll start an account and use it to just sit in DM games being fragged by anyone and everyone until I'm ranked eleventy billionth. Then I'll take it and beat the **** out of stat-whores, causing them to plummet in the rankings!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
            I just had a really good idea: I'll start an account and use it to just sit in DM games being fragged by anyone and everyone until I'm ranked eleventy billionth. Then I'll take it and beat the **** out of stat-whores, causing them to plummet in the rankings!
            Just go vote biohazard on a public 16-32plr DM server with some pros and noobs mixed in there. It does pretty much the same thing to statwhores.

Comment

I've seen Halo 3 report upwards of 600,000 users from the game while connected...but I think that counts everyone connected to live with the Halo 3 disk running regardless of whether they are actually playing online.

Comment

Working...
              X