Will this work to play UT3 good?

Here is the info ..
    i get this for christmas but i just want to know if it will work

----------------------------------------------------
    Computer : HP - AMD Athlon X2 6000+
    Processor - 6GHZ
    Ram : 2 gig ram
    Hardrive : 1000gig space
    Grafic card : Nvidia 8500x GT 512/1279 MB or something like that..
    Windows : Vista home premium

Those specs must be incorrect or mislabeled.

i'd suspect the 6ghz is actually a dual 3ghz
    nvidia 8500 will run it, but imo, poorly...
    and make sure you have 64bit version of vista

Comment

that will be ok, but add a nvidia 8800gt, gtx, or ultra in the mix and you'll be much better

Comment

its a dubble processor x2 processor 6000+

Comment

You'll run the game...and don't be scared, I'm running the game on a second machine that is a P4 3.2 Ghz single core processor on an nvidia 7800 an it looks good and runs VERY playable...consistently over 30 Frames Per Second. You can always download the Beta Demo and try it out first. Whatever the vid setting default to on install you can safely bump up and still be playable...

Is that burning it up? No, but it's playable and still enjoyable. Better than you'd run Crysis on a high end rig.

Now whether you will be able to play the game "good" as you ask...that's all up to you and how much you practice.

Comment

Okay sounds good Scuzz

Comment

Originally posted by Fruktmixer View Post
              Here is the info ..

Processor - 6GHZ
              its 3 ghz not 6... i dont think there is a cpu yet that operates oin 6 ghz

the game will work.. how well due to the graphics card is another story

Comment

Here is the info ..

Processor - 6GHZ
                I think it's a total disgrace that people are sold computers like this. Like, the processor is rather fine, though not exactly top of the line. Still good enough for most modern games. 2gig of ram is great, and 1000 gig of HD space is totally sick. Are you sure it's that much?

But then we have that Nvidia 8500x GT display card, which will hugely bottleneck the system for any game released during the past two years. That kind of computer simply needs a better graphics card. You will get like average playability of UT3 with low/mid details with that GF8500GT. If you would have 8800GT instead, which costs like 100-150$ more, you would get 4-5x performance increase in games, and UT3 running great at max details. Even only slightly more expensive card like Radeon x1950pro, would work much better. Radeon 3850/3870 would also be great choices for the price.

Comment

The graphics card is the biggest bottleneck in that setup and will spoil your experience. Get a ATI 3850 atleast. It's 'just' $180.

Comment

i cant get another yet its build that way with that nvidia grafic card it cant change.. however it cost 9990 Swedish kr its alilbit expensive but worth it

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                      I think it's a total disgrace that people are sold computers like this. Like, the processor is rather fine, though not exactly top of the line. Still good enough for most modern games. 2gig of ram is great, and 1000 gig of HD space is totally sick. Are you sure it's that much?

But then we have that Nvidia 8500x GT display card, which will hugely bottleneck the system for any game released during the past two years. That kind of computer simply needs a better graphics card. You will get like average playability of UT3 with low/mid details with that GF8500GT. If you would have 8800GT instead, which costs like 100-150$ more, you would get 4-5x performance increase in games, and UT3 running great at max details. Even only slightly more expensive card like Radeon x1950pro, would work much better. Radeon 3850/3870 would also be great choices for the price.
                      The sales staff knows that graphics card is ****. They are just setting up the buyer to return for an upgrade. Then they can sell them an 8600GTS for $379 or a 8800GTS 320 for $499 or some other way overpriced card.

Comment

i cant get another yet its build that way with that nvidia grafic card it cant change.. however it cost 9990 Swedish kr its alilbit expensive but worth it
                        You can always change the display card. It's not by any means "built in". It's just a replaceable card. If you can afford ~200e more (wasnt Sweden in euros yet, wtf?), I _strongly_ suggest getting a new display card. Gf8800GT or Radeon 3850/3870 are the best choices. Do not get a 8600GT.

Comment

Okay i think i will do that

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                            Do not get a 8600GT.
                            Actually, it works pretty good for the price. I just picked up the MSI 8600GT OC for my son's computer. Averages in the 40's and 50's at 1280x1024, 4/4, with an AMD X2 4200+ and 2GB ram. Anandtech showed it to be almost double the FPS of the 8500GT. Not bad for being $85 after rebate for those that simply don't have the money for a more expensive card.

Comment

I suggest the 8800 GT. I had a 7600 GT and just replaced it with a 8800 GT. I couldn't believe the difference. On stalker I went from 20-40 fps on medium settings to 70+ fps on maxed out. Think I'm going to start the game over just because it looks so much better now. Anyway its a really great card.

Comment

Working...
                              X