Will FPS increase if weapon is hidden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will FPS increase if weapon is hidden?

I just read in the GGSociety's article on UT3 that the weapon models use around 10,000 polygons. That takes some processing to display so was wondering if FPS would increase if the weapon was kept hidden. I am running UT3 on a laptop at an average of 30 FPS so any increase will be helpful.

There will be a slight increase in FPS, yes. Not only are the weapons high-poly, they can have complex shading applied to them depending on your other settings.

It won't be a huge difference, maybe 5 FPS max.

Although, when you pick up a weapon, as it loads the polys and textures, the game sometimes hitches (at least for me) - I presume that wouldn't happen with hidden weapons.

Comment

besides a small gain in fps, having the weapon set to hidden improves your visionfield.

i dont wanna play without hidden weapon anymore

Comment

while the weapons may have been designed using polygons...are they still rendered in game? I would think that they would simply be treated like static meshes and loaded into graphics memory?

Comment

the more moving parts.. the more realistic and cool looking..

i'd hate to see a static meshe for weapons.....

Comment

does the ocean level decline when you get out?

it wont be a big effect.

Comment

try small weapons option?
              i got about 10-20 more frames with everything on high by doing this in UTEngine.ini
              ShadowFilterRadius=0
              it stops soft/blurry shadows so itll render faster and its better than turning shadows off completly.

Comment

Working...
              X