Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you create mods on the PS3?

I saw this on a couple of websites:

"Bundled with the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 Toolset. Build your own levels, gametypes, and more, or download the latest mods from the massive Unreal community. "

So does that mean we will be able to make mods on the PS3?

No, you can not make mods on the PS3. You can, however, make mods for the PS3, but this requires a PC and the PC version of the game.

Comment

So it is pretty much false advertising...

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Soldier11 View Post
        So it is pretty much false advertising...
        How so?

EPIC never said the PS3 version comes with the editor, at least nowhere I've seen. The Linux version and the Mac version don't get one either. Nor the XBOX 360.

If a reviewer can't keep the PC version separate from the others in a review or article, one can't blame EPIC.

Always read the box before buying.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Soldier11 View Post
          I saw this on a couple of websites:

"Bundled with the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 Toolset. Build your own levels, gametypes, and more, or download the latest mods from the massive Unreal community. "

So does that mean we will be able to make mods on the PS3?
          epic said ps3 version can support pc mods, but i dont think ps3 can support any pc mod unless the mapper adds support.

Comment

If it is bundled with the toolset then to me that means you can take that PS3 UT3 disc, put it into a PC and start designing. So mis-advertising ..... does not seem like it.

Comment

Originally posted by solarwind View Post
              If it is bundled with the toolset then to me that means you can take that PS3 UT3 disc, put it into a PC and start designing. So mis-advertising ..... does not seem like it.
              Except that the PS3 UT3 disc is a blu-ray disc, and not every casual gamer has a blu-ray drive in their PC, so I highly doubt the Editor will come with the PS3 version of the game.

The quote:

is referring to the PC version having the Editor bundled, allowing content to be created for the PS3 game as well. I know, it is a bit misleading.

Thus far, Epic has not come out and said how user created content will be made on the PC, for the PS3 format. I have the Editor on my PC, and as well, there does not seem to be an option to "Export to PS3" like Epic has been claiming there will be. Other more experienced users on this forum do not know as well.

I guess we're going to have to wait and see when the PS3 version comes out.

Comment

Well, the "bundled with the toolset" line comes from the PC features list for the game. If Epic is using the same line for the PS3 adverts, then it IS misleading. If websites are using it inadvertanly, then you can't blame Epic.

EDIT: Just perused Amazon.Com's listing. The product descriptions are the same, but the PC version has this last line at the bottom that the PS3 listing DOES NOT:

"PC version bundled with the award-winning Unreal Engine 3 Toolset: Build your own levels, game types, and more, or download the latest mods from the massive Unreal community. "

So the description is how you stated, but the listing specifically states it's for the PC version.

Comment

well, I was refurring to frys.com that said that. So is there a way to make maps on the PC if you only buy the PS3 version?

Thanks for replying everyone.

Comment

I bet that when PS3 gamers get UT3, they are going to try and look for the editor and won't find it. And then they'll be like, "I thought they said we could make our own maps! Wheres the editor?" Cause from what I see in forums and comments on UT3 articles, PS3 people are under the impression that they can create content right there on their PS3s.

Comment

yea, I'll still buy it though because I like unreal games.

Comment

Working...
                      X