Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what performance should i expect with my spec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what performance should i expect with my spec?

hi everyone

i didnt find anyone with the similar spec so i just post this thread.

here is my spec:
    AMD 4200X2
    ddr2 533MHz 2GB
    ATI HD2600PRO 512M

I put the graphic settings to highest (not using .ini, just the in-game) in 1024x768 and got 20 to 30 fps in most warfare maps. In DM or TDM the fps is around 30.

I was actually expecting a bit higher performance in UT3 but maybe this is what this computer deserves? can anyone give an idea how i can improve the fps (well, without lower the settings)?

and btw, i had installed the amd dual-core optimizer and grabbed the lastest ati graphic drivers.

thx

overclock.

Comment

Originally posted by campbullard View Post
      overclock.
      im not sure how to overclock the CPU...maybe i need an AMD or 3rd party tool?

and about the graphic card, should i overdrive the GPU or memory? guess it's a bit risky to blindly "play" with this thing

Comment

Overclocking is for nubs. You need to defraggle your motherdisc.

See here: http://www.datadocktorn.nu/us_frag1.php

Comment

Originally posted by tlc View Post
          Overclocking is for nubs. You need to defraggle your motherdisc.

See here: http://www.datadocktorn.nu/us_frag1.php
          awesome...

well i really just want to know if 20 to 30fps is what i should get.

Comment

You should probably get that much, just turn world detail to 1 and set your resolution lower (1024x768). I'd estimate you'd get around 40-60 fps.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
              You should probably get that much, just turn world detail to 1 and set your resolution lower (1024x768). I'd estimate you'd get around 40-60 fps.
              that's the answer im expecting (no offence to #2 and #3 though)

i tried this just now and fps got 40 (sometimes 50) in DM while it doesn't really improve a lot in warfare......maybe time to grab 8800GT?

thx for the answers

Comment

You should drop world detail to 3, or lower if you can accept the lower visual quality. Also experiment by dropping screen percentage or resolution. 1024x768 may be too high.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                  You should drop world detail to 3, or lower if you can accept the lower visual quality. Also experiment by dropping screen percentage or resolution. 1024x768 may be too high.
                  what IS the screen percentage? keep seeing that in the option but never know what it does...

Comment

I have a (sort of) similar system. Heres the specs for comparison...

AMD X2 4200+ @ 2.4 GHz
                    2 GB DDR2 667 MHz
                    ATI X1600 Pro 512MB

I have world and textures set to 3, running at 800x600, get average 30-50 fps.

Comment

You need to tweak your system some.
                      I run at > 62fps 1024X768 100% screen and I only have the following:

AMD64 3700+ overclocked to 2606MHz
                      2gb ddr400
                      Nvidia 7800gts 256 Overclocked to core=499 mem=648
                      SATA drives

The only thing is its a little blurry unless I set the detail (both) down to 1

Comment

Here is a set of benchmarks, looks like your card is all the way at the very bottom running with unplayable FPS.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/10/...out/page7.html

Reduce your settings to 3-3 and see how it runs then.

Comment

Originally posted by noiiSe View Post
                          what IS the screen percentage? keep seeing that in the option but never know what it does...
                          It adjusts the size of the image that's actually rendered.

So if you set your resolution to 1280x1024 and choose 50% screen percentage the game renders a 640x512 sized image instead and scales that to 1280x1024. I.e. you'll get the "benefits" of a lower resolution (more FPS, blurrier image, etc.) with a high-res HUD on top.

Comment

no point in having 512 megabits of video memory if your computer can't render 256 well

Comment

only high end cards should have 512 like an 8800gt, I'd say lower your settings to 3 and your screen size to 75% its worth the performance boost

Comment

Working...
                              X