No announcement yet.

UNreal Tournament "The Movie"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ofcourse a good story is the basis @ll...But if someone could come up with a good script and story... Also the gamers community has to back it up and not always trolling it. Think positive

Comment

Originally posted by Ghos7Soldier View Post
      UT would be a War movie...
      If anything, it'd be better animated.
      Just need a good writer with the ideas of the UT mind.
      Originally posted by Telzen View Post
      I think if they made a movie about the Skaarj x Human war it would be pretty awesome. Would probably have a better story than a lot of other action movies do.
      Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
      Will it be done like Beowulf (I feel is the best method of portraying Gears or Doom and use muscle bound dudes that do some martial arts/wrestling moves and grunt a lot.
      the skaarj-necris war with the NEG! Perfect!
      I can imagine U2, Invasion, and GoW-like adaptation only with more vehicles and BLOOD!
      it sounds like 2k4 all over again

game based objects like 'respawners', nodes, and flags will have to go out the window.
      instead respawners would be called teleporters, where soldiers would be teleported in
      +1 for 'assault' objectives

but break the cliche of having the hero survive it all, instead have a bunch of heros from different fronts(situations/dillemas/stories/warfronts/whatever) that may eventually die by the end from the bad-guys. having only malcolm and his squad to end the war with the assassination of a skaarj general and his necris subordinates somewhere on the moon
      of course the brother has got to live in this one

suped-up jump boots with jetpacks should cover why people jump around ninja-like, lightning gun absences should be adressed, melee weapons should be introduced, weapon/vehicle upgrading (99&2k4 vs ut3) should be relevant to how the skaarj-necris failed to kill things well that eventually led to their demise. necris vehics should have nasty vicious things that would be able to impale/kill things in the worst way possible to add a sense of danger when one is creeping around
      NOT MY BLOOD!
      war of the worlds necrification process

my UT movie feels like a quasi starwars-aliens-savingprivateryan-300 slaughterfest
      WITH UC2 MELEE WEAPONS!
      i can keep ranting incoherently all night... but im no script writer though

bah im only kidding myself

Comment

Someone find out Uwe Boll's IP address and ban him from this server pre-emptively.

Comment

What could a movie company do for Unreal without butchering it and turning it into some kind of teen romance chick flick?

Let's keep UT untarnished for as long as possible says I.

Comment

Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme have both signed on for the film

Comment

Originally posted by Jocked View Post
              There ha been at least two threads about this already. Movies based on games turn out bad 99.76% of the time. UT doesn't have a good or complex enough story to be told in a movie, unless you want another dumb action movie you get sick of after watching it once.

Why do people always want to se a movie of a good game they played? As if a movie was the ultimate way of experiencing a story.
              Wrong.
              It all depends on the director.
              Now if steven spielberg done it i guess it could turn out to be a pretty good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacunaa View Post
                Chuck Norris and Jean-Claude Van Damme have both signed on for the film
                lol did you get hijacked on youtube also?

Comment

No, please no.

UT barely has a singleplayer mode, and UT3's campaign/story sucks balls and is plain stupid. It's a game focused on multiplayer, so don't even think of making a movie on it. It's going to ruin UT's rep even more.

Comment

No way ut moive nooo, I mean look at Halo 3 how BIG it was they wanted to make a movie but they didn't and that was a good move for them

Comment

machinima would be nice

Comment

Working...
                      X