No announcement yet.

Anyone miss the UT99 game intro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal and UT99 intros were the best, they set a nice mood to the game and I can watched them again and again and again......thats how good they were.

Comment

It looked nice, but after watching it once, the only thing it was good for was benchmarking. I want to be able to get into the game as quickly as possible, which means I don't want to have to wait for unnecessary stuff to load, and I don't want to have to press many buttons to skip it. Of course UT3 doesn't exactly do well on that count, taking ages to load and having an unnecessary blank screen to skip.

Comment

The intro was good but I just want to get into the game as soon as. If anything they should get rid of the adverts / logos, I have an Nvidia card but I dont need telling its "the way its meant to be played"!

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
          I was hoping for the one that was in one of the trailers that looked like a good remake of the original. I haven't gone through the entire campaign yet - is it in there?
          Not to my knowledge, but that's what I thought they were going to do!

"In 2291, in an attempt to control violence among deep space miner's...."

What an awesome way to explain the Tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnout View Post
            Is every discovered deviation from any previous UT going to spawn a poll now?
            and.....

/thread.

Comment

yes i loved that intro. really made me feel that i've been chosen by liandri corporation to fight in the tournament 8 years ago when i saw the intro. very simple intro, but really gets in the mood for some frags in my opinion (even if i'm always ready for some frags ) would be really nice. then the war came would be even more badass tbh

Comment

i dont miss it i still play it. dont think you will find a better game to frag on than ut99. wish epic woul go back to square one and make ut like 99

Comment

Voted for the '99 intro.

When I saw the UT3 recreation of it (trailer), with the Optimus Prime voice-over and improved graphics, I was just so impressed and pulled right back into those feelings of excitement from the first time I played UT.

"Then the war came" + rest of the video made it even more dramatic - I loved the entirety of that video. I think EPIC's cinematic trailers for UT3 have been wicked.

I just wish they would have stuck with having an actual Tournament to play in during the game in addition to the war missions. I initially thought we would have a choice; that entering the Tournament was a way of gaining cash to better succeed at the missions involving the alien invasion. One round tourney, one round war, etc...

Comment

Is that video still available anywhere? I've not really been following the UT3 development but I've been an avid Unreal fan since the first Unreal game was previewed back in the early-mid nineties.
                    I fired up both Unreal and Unreal Tournament the other day to have a play on my lan with my mate, Co-op in Unreal and ctf in UT
                    Both have quality intro fly-bys

Comment

UT 99 Intro

UT 2003 Intro

UT 2004 Intro

They're all awesome

Comment

Originally posted by blOb View Post
                        You're mixing those up a bit. UT99 was the only one to have a good intro on the front end. 2k3 and 2k4 had them as front ends to the single player game which I didn't see much of because I finished the single player and never went back again since multi is so much more fun.

You could instantiate them in the ini file so that they ran at the beginning which I did actually do for 2k3 but the performance of the 2k4 one wasn't so good when I first bought the game so I didn't do that.

I definitely don't want adverts and have them all commented out which makes the front end of UT3 pretty lifeless IMHO.

Comment

There's a reason i edited my .ini so that those five intro movies (more like ads really) don't play

Comment

Well whatever ... intro to the game or intro to the SP campaign I did vote yes for a UT99 intro and I wish they would have had a similar intro for the SP campaign of this game. I mean when I played UT04's campaign that intro always made me feel like I was really in a tournie and I really liked having the Juggs as the opponents because they just looked insanely badd azz. Man do I miss those Juggs. They really made them look awesome in that intro/machinima. None of the current casts look nearly that brutal ... not even the Krall imo. I bet a Jugg would just grab one by the throat and beat him senseless.

Comment

a nice intro is cool. it would be cool to have one, but its not really missed either. the game is whats important. considering what UT3 can do, im surprised they didnt do an amazing intro tho...

Comment

Originally posted by -VT- View Post
                                There's a reason i edited my .ini so that those five intro movies (more like ads really) don't play
                                Yeah no kidding, as if we need to see thier ad's after paying $500+ for thier CPU, $800+ for the nvidia card, and $70+ for the game.

NO MORE ADS

Comment

Working...
                                X