Anyone miss the UT99 game intro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone miss the UT99 game intro?

I'm probably in the minority but I really miss a good game intro like we had in UT99. I would quite often hit escape and get straight to the menus but it was fun every once in a while to watch it through and get pumped up and ready to play.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein had one of the most awesome intros of all time and I would watch it almost every time I played. It would make the hair stand up on my neck almost every time!

How many of you wish we had a real game intro on this game instead of the "ad intros" they have had since 2k3?

Voted yes. Would like to have that one vid on the UT3 main page that has the male voice over starting just like the UT99 did until he gets to the part "Then the war came...".

Comment

UT99 did not have a video. It was actual in game graphics like Epic did for UT2003/4 in the nVidia video. It would be nice to have but not necessary. I think if they improve the flybys in the menus it would be a whole lot better.

Comment

Only if its actually a video. Like the above post, the one in UT99 was a actual level guided by a camera. I don't want to render a whole level just to get to the menu.

Comment

I voted no. I don't care about videos and intros. Just a fun game.

Although the Unreal fly-by was as cool as it gets.

Comment

i remember it, yes it was always annoying but was pretty kewl "YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED TO FIGHT!" but i do want something like ut2003/4's intro where something jumps out of the nvidia logo

Comment

I was hoping for the one that was in one of the trailers that looked like a good remake of the original. I haven't gone through the entire campaign yet - is it in there?

Comment

it is not in there

Comment

Is every discovered deviation from any previous UT going to spawn a poll now?

Comment

Originally posted by M^vL View Post
                    I was hoping for the one that was in one of the trailers that looked like a good remake of the original. I haven't gone through the entire campaign yet - is it in there?
                    Yeah, that was cool cause it brought ut to its roots while still bringing up new content. I think they scrapped it because of the new story's dissasociation with any tournament at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnout View Post
                      you bet

dawg

Comment

I prefer to get right into the game, without all the logos and intros.

Comment

I loved the UT2k3 intro... So hilarious.

Comment

The UT99 Intro was one of the best... moody, dark with the ladie`s english voice adding a sad seriousness to it. A sort `Look how Man has become...`

Not all Intros need shooting or explosions.

Best Intro ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnout View Post
                              I'm thinking the same thing...

It's a new game. It'll be new in its composition.

Comment

Working...
                              X