A newcomer to UT3, need some tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A newcomer to UT3, need some tips

Hello lads, so I have decided to start UT 3 seriously. I have been playing CoD series since 2003 ( probably will get overflamed for this), but when CoD4 came out it just destroyed all my expectations. The game doesn't need no f*ckin' skill whatsoever, any grandpa and any 3 year old kid can kill in it. I want to play a agme that needs learning curve, and that needs luck based on skill, not vice-versa, as how it in CoD4. Thanks to CoD4 I have lost all my passion to play FPS games competitively, i just have lost the "touch", as I have no passion , like, I like to learn and be the best, but in CoD4 it's all upside down.

I'm looking more for the competitive side of UT3, not the pubbing. As maybe CoD4 community is big, the game is aimed mostly just for some casual pubbers and that's what I hate about it. As what I have seen then, UT community may be smaller, but it is stronger and the competitive community is strong. I have played all UT parts, starting from UT99, which till UT 3 was my fave. So as now I look to fast paced and adrenaline filled gaming, which I believe UT 3 can offer me. I have played all UT parts, but more or less only the pub side of the game, as I mentioned now I want to go Deep and Hard with it. What I have seen then, on Clanbase.com the ladder activity for UT3 is kinda low, maybe it's becouse the game is new, but I would like to know which ladders and leagues are the most active for UT3 (for the .eu scene) ? Or maybe there are some constant cups or tournaments, which I like more than ladder games. And overall - how big is the .eu competitive scene ?

Thanks, and I am ready for the flame-rain for the CoD part....

Best Regards,

Trenz.

Make sure you have mirc to enter irc and join Quakenet and channels like #ut3 and #ut3.tdm
    Here you can find clans, pickups and fungames to play in. About clanbase, it will be alive soon it just needs some time when people get their servers straight. If you want serious games you need a clan and you can find that on irc. Don't expect to find anything directly. When you are around a few days you'll find people messaging about clanchannels which are recruiting etc. Every mod has its own channel, from #ut3.tdm #ut3.ctf #ut3.itdm #ut3.ictf #ut3.warfare #ut3.vctf they run pickups in these channels.
    A pickup is a place where you can sign up for a game and when 10 people are signed up the game starts. Sometimes you even use Teamspeak with it if you get to know the people a bit. The good thing about pickups is that the skilllevel is higher, people actually try to have teamplay, and that it will be 5on5 for 20 minutes long, so no leavers (4on4 if it is itdm/tdm).

Comment

Originally posted by Trenz View Post
      Hello lads, so I have decided to start UT 3 seriously. I have been playing CoD series since 2003 ( probably will get overflamed for this), but when CoD4 came out it just destroyed all my expectations. The game doesn't need no f*ckin' skill whatsoever, any grandpa and any 3 year old kid can kill in it. I want to play a agme that needs learning curve, and that needs luck based on skill, not vice-versa, as how it in CoD4. Thanks to CoD4 I have lost all my passion to play FPS games competitively, i just have lost the "touch", as I have no passion , like, I like to learn and be the best, but in CoD4 it's all upside down.

I'm looking more for the competitive side of UT3, not the pubbing. As maybe CoD4 community is big, the game is aimed mostly just for some casual pubbers and that's what I hate about it.
      Sorry that CoD4 does not appeal to your specific needs that instead it tends to a wide range of peoples needs.

/Codflame (Couldn't resist, sorry :P)

On a more serious note, UT3 can be more competitive. If your going to just hop into random pub servers however then yeah it's probably going to be like what you experienced on CoD4. There are a few ways in which you can easily get kills, and since the action in UT3 can be so fast and hectic you can accidentally get kills, more than you'd expect. But your definatly going to get what you want in deathmatch and maybe capture the flag.

Many of the maps tough are very well balanced, theres really only two deathmatch maps that are just for fun (Deimos and Heatray) with the rest well suited for competitive play. Duel mode is very strong and competitive, and so is team deathmatch with the right people. If you can communicate with your team on Warfare, and likewise the enemy team aswell, you can find some good competitive gameplay there aswell. Tough most of the time Warfare on public servers won't do justice.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X