• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    everyones a shockball noob nowdays.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mike_struter View Post
    I hate the impact hammer.... I always play TDM, and all the time i get killed because some guy is hiding behind a corner eguided with the impact hammer. I just HATE that

sorry about my bad English... because im from finland

Heh, That happens all the time in UT '99 in CTF-Face. Someone is camping at the portals.

I think the link gun is too underused in it's primary fire and I think the flak cannon is too overused.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rox of course. Would really like to see people trying to play WAR without them or at least less of them in lockers. Talking about skill: Thing is that 90% of people on public servers don't use it in "skilled" ways (anyway flak secondary requires much more prediction, just as mid range combo). It's always charge-hop-charge-hop-hop-charge-fire blindy in my rough direction. Single rox can be much more useful, but I seem to be pretty alone with that point of view. Btw, 400 of my 1800 deaths are caused by rox, according to the stats. These are WAR stats and so the total deaths include vehicle deaths as well. Clearly overused weapon.

Anyway, it's an advantage for me when people don't realise that combo > rox.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    I love how people whine about the RL, you need actual skill to predict movement at longer distances, a lot more than point and click with shock/sniper, hitscanners screaming about spam and noobs and stuff after going toes to toes with me and my rocket launcher never cease to amuse me, bio is also fun in that regard.
    For me, the RL isn't hard to aim. Maybe it's just my skill . It just seems to easy to hit people with it and it's a ONE HIT KO almost every time!

That's why it's annoying, especially when you re-spawn right next to someone with a RL and all you have is an enforcer. I can take anyone out except the stupid rocket spammers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I hate the impact hammer.... I always play TDM, and all the time i get killed because some guy is hiding behind a corner eguided with the impact hammer. I just HATE that

sorry about my bad English... because im from finland

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
    I love how people whine about the RL, you need actual skill to predict movement at longer distances, a lot more than point and click with shock/sniper, hitscanners screaming about spam and noobs and stuff after going toes to toes with me and my rocket launcher never cease to amuse me, bio is also fun in that regard.
    What I like with the rocket launcher is when the first hit propels the guy in the air and I turn and shoot another rocket that gets him as soon as he lands.

Originally posted by hocuspocus
    alt is a guessing game and not worth it, imo. also i personally think its at least 3x times easier to hit someone with a rocket then with alt flack...
    The flak alt can get some time to get used to but it's essentially the same principle as the rocket with a non-linear trajectory. It's not that more difficult than rockets once you get used to it, as the main difficulty is the same as with rockets: predicting your opponent's trajectory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i hate the shock riflers.... that ball is so quiet...it needs to make a "buzzz" or spark sound, so i know when to move/dodge.

i get alot of kills with the link gun. Then i see some ppl try to copy me heh. The great thing about the Link gun is when you shoot at ppl, they will focus more on dodging the projectiles instead of your footwork and then hare comes the beam ,=>~~~~~~

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I used to think that flak was powerless, 2nd class weapon in UT3. Then I finally learned it, because I saw some guys who really owned with flak. Flak is harder to master, but if you do, you'll eat rocketwh*res for breakfast in close combat. It's hard to hit direct hits with rockets in close combat, while flak primary dishes over 100dmg per shot at that range.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Jocked View Post
    ASMD = Shock Rifle for us 1337 veterans.

I may be overusing Flak, it's just so much fun.
    got 2 agree with u

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Maaan, Deck16 with 20+ tough skilled Players is a really hard deal, not even enough Time to get another Weapon than this stupid Enforcer. Only Useful to kill someone who's half-dead already.
    And i dont like the Biogun too, hitting everything except the Enemy...
    Oh, and dont forget about the Shock-Rifle-Combo, i noticed that is way more simpler to do a Combo than in UT99, seems like the Plasma-Ball is "bigger", also the resulting explosion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wonder how many shock rifle kills were from standing combos.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    By the way, i didnt even remember if i was fragged by shock rifle primary fire. And this seems very strange to me. Was killed two times by sniper rifle, though..

Also now its more interesting to use hitscan weapon in UT3 that in UT2004. Maybe because they are in rare use now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I use whatever weapon I can get my hands on, they are all so well balanced in UT3 (exception below), fights can end up being won by the guy with the enforcer.

Stinger is not balanced though, you can shoot people at sniping distance with it to be honest, and the damage rate is a joke.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello Forum,

for me it is too simple to use the Shock Rifle Combination, that is really annoying if people only use this from a save place or they use while jumping. That destroy the whole match.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X