DM_deck is smaller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM_deck is smaller

Does it seem like the UT3 version of Deck17 is alot smaller then the one in 2k4 to anyone else?

To me it does, yes. :P Feels a lot spammier and pretty claustrophobic, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by golemking View Post
      Does it seem like the UT3 version of Deck17 is alot smaller then the one in 2k4 to anyone else?
      I don't think it's a version of Deck17 as much as a version of Deck16.

Comment

Deck17 was an abomination and shouldn't have been made. The new deck, however, is much closer to Deck16 and Deck16][ according to player/size ratios. No more double jumps just to get the flak or link, and no stupid jump pad. And that's why I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocked View Post
          I don't think it's a version of Deck17 as much as a version of Deck16.
          I may have my numbers mixed up but either way it seems much smaller.

Comment

I want to be able to jump from the center stretch to the sides (where the link gun is) but nope.. can barely do it if it all.. nerfed jump. Let's go the long way to where I wanted to be.

Comment

It's supposed to be scaled more like the UT99 version. 2k4 version was larger to allow for bunny hopping.

Only fault I find with the map is the lighting. I remember the UT99 version more brightly lit toward the middle of the map. Now it all seems a bit dark everywhere. I still find it fun though.

Comment

I may have my numbers mixed up but either way it seems much smaller.
                Probably not much smaller than Deck16, that was the entire point of my post. It is based on '16, not '17.

Comment

Seems smaller because of the meshes in the corridors, the lighting is really bad in this version and it's way to dark.

Comment

Remember also that dark colors make things look smaller :P

Comment

Hmm, I thought it felt and looked alot more like the original that came with Unreal. Apart from the updated graphic's of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Ethyn View Post
                        I want to be able to jump from the center stretch to the sides (where the link gun is) but nope.. can barely do it if it all.. nerfed jump. Let's go the long way to where I wanted to be.
                        do a rocket, asmd, or impact jump.

Comment

Doing lift jumps, you have to time it pretty much exactly as in UT99, so I'd say the scaling is pretty accurate, besides the fact that it just feels good.

Deck-17 was HORRIBLE.

Comment

Seems like a perfect match to me...

Comment

Originally posted by booshack View Post
                              Deck-17 was HORRIBLE.
                              First of, replace 'was' with 'is'
                              Second of, If you aren't constructive, then don't post stuff like that, give reasons WHY it's horrible, don't just plainly write '... is horrible'.
                              Last but not least: I'm not a big deck fan myself either.

Comment

Working...
                              X