Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cancel Option during login?

Cancel Button during the login screen?
    So we can at least cancel when we can't auto login thus play offline.
    (W/O editing the ini..)

Also yes, I'd simply prefer it be gone all together too.
    Discuss/Rant:

You can bring down the console f10 and type quit.
    Read in another post someone had to restart his computer just cause he couldnt get out of the login screen, seems a bit drastic...

Comment

Originally posted by rasclaat View Post
      Read in another post someone had to restart his computer just cause he couldnt get out of the login screen, seems a bit drastic...
      I Just alt-tab and kill it. : D
      Still more of a hassle than it should be..

Comment

I'd rather they don't use gamespy in the first place.

Go ahead mods, lock the thread. It'll make the issue go away and will give you the illusion that your salary is justified.

Comment

You forgot option 4:

- Remove GameSpy entirely?

[x] YES

Comment

Originally posted by McFly2000 View Post
            You forgot option 4:

[x] YES
            Lol yea. But I don't realistically see that happening. Sadly.

Comment

Vote people, maybe we'll get lucky and this **** gets taken out !

Epic start asking money for every second people can't log in to the game because of Gamespy, Gamespy'll soon back off.

Just dump them and get something else & better altogether !

Who likes or uses Gamespy anyway ...
              Maybe Gamespy looks like it's used a lot and loved etc if you look at their stats usage, but in reality, they pay a company to get their s**t integrated, and then it looks as if people like the system because everyone is forced to use it in their game they like. And then you hear Gamespy boasting, look at our online system how popular and how much it's used, look at the numbers ... yeah right !!!

So they create their own stats in other words !
              If people had the choice, Gamespy would drop as a bomb in terms of usage ! Everyone would go for the other choice, albeit, almost everyone !

OR

Give us at least a message on the forum when logging in doesn't work ! "Official messages" anyone ??? Don't know why it's there ... it's empty.

Comment

Originally posted by McFly2000 View Post
                You forgot option 4:

[x] YES

Looks like someone heard you, I cannot login at all at the moment, the game either hangs at the login screen or displays a message saying service unavailable at present.

Comment

Yep, just hangs there. Still. Thanks Epic!

Comment

Originally posted by rasclaat View Post
                    that fool was me, but i know now i just had to open console and type quit

Comment

Originally posted by Akira Kurosawa View Post
                      I Just alt-tab and kill it. : D
                      Still more of a hassle than it should be..
                      Alt tab don't work here for some reason, i does close the game but when i try to go to task manager the game pops up again.

Comment

Login server is back up, but just to be sure this doesn't happen again.
                        Remove Gamespy !

Comment

The real question is, what good does gamespy brings? For players, nothing.
                          For epic, I suspect nothing either except a lack of control on something that is a doorway towards the game itself (since online play is the major part of the game).

Implementing an authentication service with a database backend is something trivial nowadays. I really, really don't see any technical justification for using a third party to do that, especially one as unpopular as gamespy. And I fail to see any kind of cost advantage aswell.

The answer probably lies within the marketing department "OMG gamespy is a strong brand if we use them we can do some co-branding and have their logo all over our stuff OMG LOL OMG".
                          Marketing departments are some of the heaviest concentration of ineptitude known to mankind.

Comment

Why not just hit escape or click on the giant "play offline" button...

Comment

Originally posted by Entropy View Post
                              Why not just hit escape or click on the giant "play offline" button...
                              Why not sound a little more condescending? Why don't you just put a "cancel login attempt" button? Why not have some redundancy with the third-party login servers so people don't flip out again?

Comment

Working...
                              X