X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Sandstorm some sort of unbalanced?

Hi

Dunno if there's already a thread for this... anyway,
    i noticed, that in vCTF-Sandstorm, on the Red Team's Side, right beneath the flag where there is this alley which directly goes into the other team's base, there is some sort of a big rock, where you have the ability to escape with two Jumps with the jumpboots back to your base. On the other side, there isn't such a Rock. That means, that only the blue team can steal the flag, jump up there and walk easily back to their base, but the red team can't because on the blue side, there isn't this sort of stone and therefore, a red player couldn't use this way.
    In my opinion this is a bit unfair and the map isn't really balanced because of this. It would be just an easy fix. Either add an other stone into the blue base or remove the one in the red base.

Perhaps a possible fix for the next patch?

OMG, you're right. I never noticed that route before, but it clearly is unbalanced for the blue. You can do that jump with jumpboots from the nearby tower mid-level though, on both sides. Still, it's way easier on the red side, as you can just jump on that rock and continue from there. Cap in 10-15 seconds of flag take.

This unbalance/bug has to be fixed before people become more aware of it and start to exploit it! It can ruin this otherwise great map.

Comment

Yup. Works quite well with that. Tested it out a few times. No chance for the red team, when there are two more team player from the blues cover their flagrunner from up the alley.

Comment

This definitely needs a fix. I hope it will be fixed in coming patches.

Comment

Needs fixing badly. This bug will cause the map to be unused in online play if enough people find out about it.

Comment

I've noticed it before, and yea, it is a pain. On the blue team you can sometimes get up with a Scavenger, or you can use a Viper, but yea, red only needs the boots.

Comment

Working...
            X