Cutsom maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cutsom maps

Last night I was playing on a server when the map switched over and it was a map named dm-hardcore. I figured it would download it and everything but it didn't.. are we gonna have to actually get the maps before we go on a server that has them? This would be pretty bad as I don't see any "auto download" or "download maps" option.. you guys know anything about this?

Here is a Thread I found earlier that touched on this subject....

Hawkwind quote was: "NOTE, neither redirect nor compression are working right now, so everyone who votes for your custom maps must have them in their home install, or be willing to wait forever for them to download from your server"

You can check out that Tread here;
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...light=redirect

Hope that helps.

Làámßø

Comment

welcome to the suck

Comment

It will download, but there is no HTTP redirect or compression available - which will make it unbearably slow.

Comment

http redirect is on the first patch changelist irrc. soon come?

Comment

So this will get fixed?

Comment

this may just be the coffin nail on an already on the ropes ut3 of they dont - one of the things that was sure with ut2004 was that if you didnt have the map you could dl it in 20 secs from most servers and so see new maps this way and just play online without having 20 custom map packs installed.

this also makes sure the community is not splintered into the enthusiast group who dl map packs and play them and the average casual gamer who would like to see these maps but can be bothered to go to a specific website dl the pack and find the right folder to put it it.

Comment

Working...
              X