Unreal with a Razer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal with a Razer!

After really enjoying the demo I thought I would treat myself to a gaming mouse to up my game so I did a bit of research and got a Razer Copperhead 2000dpi/1000Hz for £35. This was just short of a week ago.

When I first got it I was rubbish, I tried all kinds of settings, turning the in game senistivty down and uping it on the mouse, vice versa, there are 5 settings on the mouse I tried them all and settled on what I thought was OK, anyho I persevered but man I just could not get it.

In the last 5 days I went from 400 to over a 1000 on the ladder and I have not been able to hit a shock combo in the thick of it.. I keept kidding myself that I would get used to it but last night it came to a head, I was in my first game and I was dragging around the bottom with about 10 kills to 24 deaths... I was fuming so in my rage I pulled out a Microsoft Value mouse out of the drawer and plugged it in, I finshed the game second with a positive kill ratio! And wow I enjoyed unreal again...

Im not going ot say gaming mouse suck cos I haven’t tried them all but Razers suck! And IMO they are pretty pointless with my old crappy MS mouse I got to about 140 on the global ladder with the demo but with the £35 super slick gaming mouse I was falling fast!

Anyone want to buy a 5 day old copperhead! Fully boxed, £28 posted UK/Paypal only

EDIT* Oh yeah... Even bioshock was horrible to play with it!

Nope....So what is this copperhead. Some kind of supped up mouse?

Comment

I've never had a problem with Razer mice. You have to find the right balance between your Razer software settings and the UT ingame settings. Also it makes sense that you did better with a mouse you were used to...

Comment

Originally posted by fif View Post
        I've never had a problem with Razer mice. You have to find the right balance between your Razer software settings and the UT ingame settings. Also it makes sense that you did better with a mouse you were used to...
        I think a lot of it is the design of the mouse, my hand felt contorted trying to hit the buttons and ever few minutes I would have to readjust because my hand had slipped position...

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
        Nope....So what is this copperhead. Some kind of supped up mouse?
        Yeah, the gamming mouse extrodanaire :P

Comment

Originally posted by JackSherak View Post
          I think a lot of it is the design of the mouse
          Probably. Try looking into Logitech mice. Someone's bound to post the latest one here eventually.

Comment

Razer mice are overrated. High DPI laser sensors too. The response is too lose, and they keep tracking your mousepad even if you lift them out of the Earth's gravitational field.

Microsoft optical wheelmouse is the best mouse ever made. 400 DPI, perfect linear tracking at 1000Hz, super lightweight, symmetrical design and even has sanded grip. The best part is that it's 3-6 times cheaper than anything marketed as a gaming mouse.

Comment

All new mice are a chore to get used to, it's just the process of familiarizing yourself and giving it time to adjust and become 'natural'. I stepped my game up from an MX518 to a 2000DPi Logitech G5, and I contemplated sending the bloody thing back.

... Now, 3 months later, it's basically my partner. Inseparable.

Btw: To person saying high-DPI mice have bad response times- wtf? I jacked up my USB hub report rate using Logitech software to max performance, and when running on a black S&S Steelpad (black is best color for reflecting opticals) I get no skips and no tracking problems. Not quite sure what you're talking about. At the end of the day, DPi is just a marketing gimmick for 'sensitivity'. A 2000DPi G5 is no different to a Microsoft Optical Mouse with high in-game sensitivity. They're the same, just different tech-terms.

Comment

Do you take it to bed with you?

Comment

Oh yes . Why, do you have *****-envy of my mouse? It's not for sharing!

Comment

logitechs are good mice ic got a mx518 and i love it
                    but beleiove it or not what ever mouse ya get it always takes abit of gettin used to

Comment

Originally posted by Wakey #4 View Post
                      logitechs are good mice ic got a mx518 and i love it
                      but beleiove it or not what ever mouse ya get it always takes abit of gettin used to
                      I dig that but the Razer is horrible man, I think the problem is not the sensitivity but the phsical design... Im sticking with microsoft

Comment

Razer Copperhead is the worst razer of them all .
                        I have the diamonback and it works fine with UT3, but I do have to turn the accel off

Try setting the mouse to max dpi 2000
                        then set the sen in UT3 to 2/3
                        Also updating the drivers would help too

Microsoft Habu Gaming Mouse is more your cup of tea made by microsoft with razer cuts

Microsoft Habu Laser Gaming Mouse: The Review.
                        http://www.aeroxp.org/plugins/p2_new...2_articleid=28

Comment

I have never had a problem with my Razer Copperhead.
                          It moves smooth as silk for me.

In game set at 1000.
                          Copperhead set at 500hz 2000dpi.

I use a solid black Ratpadz GS textured plastic mat.
                          It's a winner for me guys.

Comment

I've got a new Razer Lachesis on order and have been using Razers since the original Boomslang. As with all mice you have to get used to the change. I've never used a Copperhead but I can see why it would take some getting used to. You should perhaps have gone for a more similar shape such as the Deathadder.

Anyway, I hope you manage to find a mouse that suits you.

Comment

Well, the main think about the high res mice is that you have to set the in-game mouse sensitivity to counteract the extra mouse sensitivity. This gives you a "smoother" movement at the same "speed." Did you lower the mouse speed in UT3 when you got the razer?

Comment

Working...
                              X