Mining thing in Powersurge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
    That thing is freaking huge. I don't know if the one in UT3 actually moves. I notice some little robots doing some mining though. I tried to blast them.
    I still try to blast them. Whenever I'm trying to recover/protect that node when I'm on red, I almost always fire a shot towards them because they glow blue and kinda look like a vehicle. STUPID LITTLE TRICKSY ROBOTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Matfei View Post
      It's a common excavation machine... I doubt it's paying tribute to anything about it.
      common?

I don't know much about America, but you WONT find anything that huge in Holland!

Comment

Originally posted by PeterS_01 View Post
        common?

I don't know much about America, but you WONT find anything that huge in Holland!
        Bah, what do you have to to mine in Holland?

It's not exactly common, more like relatively common in huge open pit mining facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Matfei View Post
          It's a common excavation machine... I doubt it's paying tribute to anything about it.
          Yeah, the machine in OP's pic is just your average 240m long, 96m high, 5 years building time excavation machine.

It's also utterly trivial to move it around. Takes only three weeks for 70 people to move it 22km and you barely have anything to do besides planting grass in front of it and building temporary bridges:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bagger_288

Comment

I carry one in my back pocket all the time in case a mountain is in my way...

Comment

LOL, that would require such a huge map to play in....that thing would take up like 1/2 of Torlan all by itself!

Comment

Sorry for the bumpedi-bump but I thought it was relevant enough for anyone who managed to miss it in the Releases sub-forums
                (shame on you )

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=615567

If WAR-PowerSurge's wasn't a tribute to this mighty machine, this is!

Comment

I could've sworn that I saw another, more recent thread, on this same topic.

Comment

Working...
                  X