Mining thing in Powersurge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mining thing in Powersurge

Definitely a unique map, but I knew I remember seeing that saw blade crane mining thing before. I forget the story behind it but here's a pic of the actual thing: http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/9...nethingog0.jpg

Think this is some kind of massive easter egg?

I'm sure its just a coincidence. The large machine you posted is designed to cut mountains in half, literally.

They probably used it as a model to base their object off of, but im sure its not a tribute to it or anything.

Comment

^If they based it off of the model, then it's not a coincidence.

Comment

It's a common excavation machine... I doubt it's paying tribute to anything about it.

Comment

That thing is freaking huge. I don't know if the one in UT3 actually moves. I notice some little robots doing some mining though. I tried to blast them.

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
            That thing is freaking huge. I don't know if the one in UT3 actually moves. I notice some little robots doing some mining though. I tried to blast them.

Haha, really?

Comment

Wow!

Now I'm curious about the real thing. I wanna see some numbers!

I'll bet it weighs more than a city block :-o

Originally posted by Grifflyman View Post
              Haha, really?
              Yup! When I beat the game on Insane mode I found that the best tactic was to just stand by the mine node and shield it with the orb from inside one of the two rooms while letting the enemy core get drained 5 times. While I was waiting I also took potshots at one of the mining mechs

Comment

So they actually use that huge machine? It looks unreal (heh) enough to have as a centerpiece for one of UT3's map that's for sure.

Comment

They use them in open-pit mining. There are ~1.843 shows per day about it on Discovery channel. And yes, they really are that big, just like everything else in open-pit mining. The trucks, the lifts, the cranes, even the men working there are huge.

Comment

LOL. kewl

i wouldnt mind having one of those to DRIVE in ut 3... hehehe ROAD KILL. ROAD KILL. ROAD KILL.

and id like the idea of sawing power cores in half... hehehehehe

Comment

More infos on those huge excavators here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bucket-wheel_excavator

And given that the picture of that giant excavator has been circulating the web for a while, I have no doubt that it's the one they reproduced in powersurge.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnout View Post
                        There are ~1.843 shows per day about it on Discovery channel.
                        I found this both very true and freaking hilarious.

Edit: I though they mined stuff with impact hammers in Unreal?

Comment

One hour and 2 strange IM conversations later, I give you....

MechaSeifuku!

It's probably best if you don't ask and just laugh at how random that is. ;-|

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lY4Qe...eature=related

Is that tiny bulldozer picking up scraps.

Comment

yeh those saw blades are actualy buckets that eat away at a mountain
                              I saw it on massive machines =)

Comment

Working...
                              X