No announcement yet.

dont tell me all you use keyboards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a PantherXL with a marble mouse. OverToad was my hero.

Comment

The KB/M is definitely better when mastered, but don't count out the 360 controller. The joystick placement and triggers feel great for FPS and vehicles definitely control better. PS3 controller is garbage for FPS though in my opinion.

Playing on a PC with a controller and playing on a console with the controller in a FPS is totally different. I wouldn't never play competitively on a PC with a controller, its just too hard to get the sensitivity and controls right. Though with A LOT of tweaking you can get it almost there. With the console the game is designed to work with only the controller so it feels a lot smoother and plays different.

Comment

The main thing with the gampad is that you'll never have the precision with an anolog stick that you can with a mouselooking. It just can't be done. With a mouse you can stop on a dime, with a an anolog stick, even pressure sensitive for turn speeds, you'll never be that precise.

Now, there are some killer gamepad players out there...but the best of the gamepad players will struggle to compete with even mid-to low mid-level keyboard mouse players.

Ask the the people that tested Shadowrun, which mixes and console and PC players.

Comment

Fire / Alt fire: mouse 1 & Mouse 2
          Forward = W
          Backward = S
          Left = A
          Right = D
          Jump = Space
          Crouch = Left Control
          Impact Hammer = F
          Enforcer(s) = C
          Bio Rifle = X
          Shock Rifle = Side Mouse Button
          Link Gun = E
          Minigun = W
          Flak Cannon = Middle Mouse Button
          Rocket Launcher = Mouse Wheel Down
          Sniper Rifle = Mouse Wheel Up
          Avril/Redeemer = 1
          Translocator = T
          Previous Weapon = M (for spectating reasons)
          Next Weapon = N (for spectating reasons)
          Feign Death = G
          Use = R
          Voice Menu = n/a
          Push-to-Talk = n/a
          Ventrilo/TS Push-to-Talk = n/a (voice activated)
          Chat = Y
          Team Chat = U
          Console = `

Comment

Im probly the only person ever who uses the right mouse button to walk forward. Go go mmorpg controls.

Comment

Originally posted by embryonic View Post
              Im probly the only person ever who uses the right mouse button to walk forward. Go go mmorpg controls.
              not at all bud. Me and my buddy have been doing it that was sense Quake.

Comment

Originally posted by embryonic View Post
                I'll be your right mouse button walker buddy! But only if you use W to jump :P

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                  Controller? I'd have to have a hole in my head. If you play online with a controller, you're going to be destroyed.

What keyboard settings? Give me an example and I'll gladly share them with you.
                  Really? I use a Ideazon Fang gaming pad online and off for ALL my games (except my IL2-46 and GTR2 of course...for those it is a stick or wheel setup). I play way better with my fang than with a keyboard. It freaking rocks. I can customize as many different configs as I want for whatever game I want and I have tons more options. Macros anyone? Easily config'd w/my Fang.

Comment

I think you can never, ever get as good with a controller as you can with mouse & keyboard.

Anyway, I play slightly differently, with Forward, strafe left and strafe right on the same line. I find it a little more comfortable and works well:

NUM4 - Left
                    NUM5 - Forward
                    NUM6 - Right
                    NUM2 - Back
                    NUM7 - Prev Weapon
                    NUM9 - Next Weapon
                    NUM8 - Hover/translocator
                    NUM_Enter - Jump
                    NUM_. - Crouch
                    Mouse Wheel down - Shock Rifle
                    Mouse Wheel up - Flak Cannon
                    Middle Mouse - Rocket Launcher

Those wepaon binds allow me to quickly switch to the best weapon, or for example, to get to sniper its Middle Mouse then NUM9.

Works well

Comment

Originally posted by bclagge View Post
                      Controller? I'd have to have a hole in my head. If you play online with a controller, you're going to be destroyed.

What keyboard settings? Give me an example and I'll gladly share them with you.
                      that's bull****.

Comment

This is my left hand setup using an MX518
                        if anyone is interested.

Mapped using setpoint, then in game to those keys.

Mouse buttons
                        1 = jump
                        2 = best weapon
                        3 = mini gun for meeles
                        4 = primary fire (Left CTRL)
                        5 = alt fire (Left ALT)
                        7 = up sensitivity to 1300
                        8 = down sensitivity to 900
                        Wheel = select any weapon

Keyboard
                        Arrow up = forward
                        Arrow down = back
                        Arrow left = left
                        Arrow right = right
                        Right Ctrl = translocator for CTF
                        End = sniper rifle
                        Delete = strafe left
                        Page Down = strafe right
                        Space Bar = crouch

Comment

i use default.

Comment

controllers are great for console games, but ut will always be better for pc if you have a nice computer. For all the console haters out there, sthu, no1 wants to hear you rant about it, everyone know almost every good game comes out on console, while only the "360 exclusives" and multiplatform games come to pc, with the exception old ut games, but ps3 has linux anyway

Comment

This argument always makes me laugh because the K&M people just refuse to accept that some people are actually very very good with a controller/gamepad. Some of us have been playing with controllers for years and have become incredibly good with them. UC2 made sure that you became even better. If you can play at least Adept on that game then you can keep up the average player on a K&M ... at least that is my take on the matter. Now I admit that I still find it a bit easier to use a K&M for shooters but take Gears for example. There's a game I actually prefer to use the gamepad with and not the K&M and that is even though the aiming for me is a tad bit easier on the K&M it just does not feel right ... same with Lost Planet.

I just wonder if you gamers have ever watched the Pro gaming circuit on G4TV ... the one where they play Halo 2 tournaments. Man I am pretty sure that any of those dudes could handle themselves quite well against any K&M folks around. It would be very interesting to see the best Halo player take on Fatal1ty on a PC playing Gears of War since that game supports the use of a gamepad or K&M. I don't know who would win but I know it would be very interesting. I don't even know that it would ever end this seemingly eternal debate tbh but it would be a helluva lot of fun to watch.

Comment

Left Mouse = Fire
                                Middle Mouse = Alt Fire
                                Left Side Mouse Button = Enter Vehicle
                                Right Side Mouse Button = Best Weapon
                                Mouse Scroller = Change Weapon
                                Right Mouse = Forward
                                Z = Back
                                A = Strafe Left
                                S = Strafe Left
                                C = Crouch
                                Q = Trans/Hover
                                Space = Jump
                                X = Minigun
                                W = Flak Cannon for quick spam kill.

Apart from those, eveything else is default, mainly cuz I don't use em.

Comment

Working...
                                X