Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intel's bragging about 'gaming' processors?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel's bragging about 'gaming' processors?

I think gamer's know what to look for in a processor. AMD s clearly the choice for UT3, at least.

My crappy laptop has an intel processor. I took an AMD sticker and stuck it on top of the "Intel Inside" sticker just to make myself feel better.

intel is better right now, idort

Comment

>_<

In my little world I believe what I choose to believe!

Comment

The new AMD Phenom cannot even keep up with Intels Quad cores. When Intel releases their new quads AMD will be blown away again.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyInfamous View Post
          >_<

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/articl...50aHVzaWFzdA==

Tell us more about your little world.

Comment

I think gamer's know what to look for in a processor. AMD s clearly the choice for UT3, at least.
            right............... u always paste **** without any arguments or proof?

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3127&p=7

The Phenoms will also get owned big time by the intel penryns........... which is actually a bad thing... intel is just too good atm. AMD cant keep up, which is bad for the consumers ... :/

Comment

LMAO UT3 doesn't even use AMD second cores which creates bottlenecking and HUGE dropped frames. AMD is the WORST thing to buy and always has been. Any core2duo INTEL cpu would completely **** on ANY AMD processor. And i'm not even gonna go into INTEL's QUAD CORES lol no competition. There's a reason why epic advertises NVIDIA and INTEL for the simple fact that they are the best.

Comment

if this was a few years back then I'd agree with u about AMD. Right now intel back on top of things...

Comment

if amd just did't had ereta bug in phenom x4 and the 9500 @ 2,6 ghz then intel would have to worry a lot ;p

atm for example crysis amd phenom x4 9900 is @ 2e place @ 2,6 ghz erata bug becomes problem @ 2,4 ghz or higher basicly creates a loop that resets each time killing atleast some performance.
                  i do say without ereta bug 9900 would score 1e on crysis for example and hell lot better in other games to ;>

Comment

>_<

your world means less then shi- for what i can read

Comment

Will be interesting to see what hybrid stuff comes out in the future, CPU + GPU in one chip perhaps? Currently Intel is well ahead though, if you buy an AMD chip now you're either upgrading for a mobo you don't want to replace or you're a fanboy, if you're getting a new rig with a new mobo and CPU there is no good reason to go AMD atm.

Comment

remember hearing stuff about intel wanting to take over nvidia.
                        and nvidia denied them.
                        if amd did similar tough they gotten the advantage i gess from taking over ati

Comment

Not much has been seen from that yet, AMD's latest chips aren't as fast as Intel's and the latest ATI(AMD) video cards aren't brilliant either, they're quite good but the 8800GT is more bang for your buck, not to mention the 8800GTS cards coming out soon and the GF9 line early next year.

I really hope AMD/ATI can keep up because that's what drives innovation and drops prices but they look very behind at the moment.

Comment

There is no such thing as a gaming processor, gamers just use whatever is the best at the time. Before the XP line of processors it was intel, then it was AMD, now it is back to intel with the dual and quad cores.

But I am very interested in the things the ATI/AMD merger can do. They need to quit fooling around and make a processor a GPU and have swappable VRAM.

Comment

Originally from Engadget
                              In an unsurprising turn of events, AMD honcho Hector Ruiz has taken advantage of a recent interview to verbally smack up competitor (and market kingpin) Intel. In the midst of a sit-down, the chipmaker's CEO claimed that rival Intel was playing a game of catch up to AMD's innovation, stating, "If you look at the last five years, if you look at what major innovations have occurred in computing technology, every single one of them came from AMD. Not a single innovation came from Intel." Ruiz went on to blast the Santa Clara-based company, saying that, "Intel continues... to abuse their monopoly and that's why around the world governments and regulatory agencies continue to go after them." Hey -- at least he doesn't seem to be feeling bitter about the whole thing.
                              Classy .

Comment

Working...
                              X