Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Arbetrayer View Post
    I am making an "Ultimate Edition for my lan group and I can get The new bot to show up but his head isn't the new head any ideas?
    test 10 chars

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ultimate UT3

I am making an "Ultimate Edition for my lan group and I can get The new bot to show up but his head isn't the new head any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Could you rewrite the original corrupt code cause i overwrote it??

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice post but I think I'm cool with my snobbery bishop character

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    I made up a bio for him.
    oh, i thought that the original .ini allready contained a bio.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by silkman1103 View Post
    if johnson has a bio then that makes me think that unlocking him could be as simple as using a unlock code...
    I made up a bio for him. He does lack a preview image by default, though. (As does Kensai, but while Johnson has an image that just needs to be referenced, Kensai lacks one altogether. If someone could give me a hint or two of how, I could snap one and try to add it in...)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KSNV5ZW2

that should link to my modified .ini file. The only known issue is that for me the new Ronin boots are invisible in-game, which is a damned shame.

The unlock codes (Jihan and Phayder) unlock Ariel and Alanna.

This thread should show what most of the characters look like with this .ini file:
    http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...ght=characters

I can't guarantee everything is still the same, but most of it is.

And here's the thread from the last time someone tried this:
    http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...ght=characters

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I lost the old bio when I changed it. I think I like it better than the current one...
    if johnson has a bio then that makes me think that unlocking him could be as simple as using a unlock code...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ReaperOfsouls05 View Post
    Where do I add the unlock all chars thing?

And I am new to Ut, how do I know "the appropriate place" to put these text strings?
    Drop the console or use the Tab text line (F10 or Tab) and type it there.

Originally posted by silkman1103 View Post

edit 2: the unknown liandri model does not seem to exist on the ps3 but i am stil optimistic that all of these characters can be packaged into a .JAM and used as a character mod.
    The Liandri bot didn't show up anywhere before being "unlocked" to it's 99% probable that he's there, just not being used as a bot, as he was in the PC version.

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    This is what I have in my ini file:

Characters=
    (CharName="Johnson",Description="An ex-military soldier jumped into the Tournaments after shell-shock and repressed trauma took too heavy a toll on his
    mind. He is competent, but volitile.",CharID="F",bLocked="false",Faction="Iro nguard",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Ch aracter.UI_Portrait_Character_Ironguard_Male_Head0 4>",CharData
    =(FamilyID="IRNM",HeadID="D",TorsoID="B",ShoPadID= "B",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsI D="A",ThighsID="B",BootsID="B"),AIData=(Tactics=1. 0,StrafingAbility=1.0, Accuracy=0.3,FavoriteWeapon="UTGame.UTWeap_ShockRi fle"))

I just don't see what the error is.
    I don't know if you've gotten it working since then, but, that looks like the one that I posted a while ago (I remember writing the bio, and it should be dumped not jumped... bah)

Code:
    Characters=(CharName="Johnson",Description="A long time member of Iron Guard, Johnson has as many demons to fight within himself as he has opponents without.",CharID="F",bLocked="false",Faction="Ironguard",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_Ironguard_Male_Head04>",CharData=(FamilyID="IRNM",HeadID="D",TorsoID="A",ShoPadID="B",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="B",ThighsID="C",BootsID="C"))
    That one should work better (Although, comparing the two the only significant difference I can see is the bio and the spaces that the forum added.)

I know the forum adds the spaces, but you might want to make sure that none of them made it into the .ini file, if you copied it from a forum post with spaces, as they will screw things up.

I lost the old bio when I changed it. I think I like it better than the current one...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Where do I add the unlock all chars thing?

And I am new to Ut, how do I know "the appropriate place" to put these text strings?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    This is what I have in my ini file:

Characters=
    (CharName="Johnson",Description="An ex-military soldier jumped into the Tournaments after shell-shock and repressed trauma took too heavy a toll on his
    mind. He is competent, but volitile.",CharID="F",bLocked="false",Faction="Iro nguard",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Ch aracter.UI_Portrait_Character_Ironguard_Male_Head0 4>",CharData
    =(FamilyID="IRNM",HeadID="D",TorsoID="B",ShoPadID= "B",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsI D="A",ThighsID="B",BootsID="B"),AIData=(Tactics=1. 0,StrafingAbility=1.0, Accuracy=0.3,FavoriteWeapon="UTGame.UTWeap_ShockRi fle"))

I just don't see what the error is.
    hey anuban, once you get all this figured out is there any way you can cook this content for ps3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i have just confirmed that kensai is in the ps3, so it is most likely possible to unlock him

edit 1: johnson is there as well

edit 2: the unknown liandri model does not seem to exist on the ps3 but i am stil optimistic that all of these characters can be packaged into a .JAM and used as a character mod.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't think anyone's figured out how to get modded .ini files onto the PS3. I supplied one to someone toward that end, but never heard what became of it, so I presumed it didn't work. I know nothing about what it takes to get something onto the PS3, but in theory it's just another file that can be added like any other mod... Maybe.
    if you send it to me ill be more than happy to try it out and tell you what happens (it driving me nut not having these guys)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't think anyone's figured out how to get modded .ini files onto the PS3. I supplied one to someone toward that end, but never heard what became of it, so I presumed it didn't work. I know nothing about what it takes to get something onto the PS3, but in theory it's just another file that can be added like any other mod... Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i am pretty sure i know the answer but, is any of this available on the ps3?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They might eventually bring them to the other platforms, but there's nothing certain right now. It's possible that someone will find a way to port them over, somehow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X