Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

The Hidden Parts thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Hidden Parts thread

I've seen posts all over the forums about hidden armor parts and heads that you can unlock, so I figured I'd center them in one post for clarity.

First, open your My Games/Unreal Tournament 3/UTGame/Config/UTCustomChar.ini file - this is where all the edits are made.

1. Unused unique Corrupt head
    There is a unique Corrupt head that is completely unused in the game as of yet.
    To make it available, add the following line at the end of the section where you see "Parts=(Part=PART_Head,":
    Code:
    Parts=(Part=PART_Head,ObjectName="CH_Corrupt_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_Corrupt_Male_Head05",PartID="E",FamilyID="LIAM")

Now, to bind this head to a character you need to add the following line at the very end of the section where you see "Characters=(CharName=,":
    Code:
    Characters=(CharName="NewCorrupt",Description="<Strings:UTGameUI.CharLocData.Enigma_Description>",CharID="N",bLocked="false",Faction="Liandri",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_Liandri_Male_Head05>",CharData=(FamilyID="LIAM",HeadID="E",FacemaskID="A",TorsoID="A",ShoPadID="A",bHasLeftShoPad=True,bHasRightShoPad=True,ArmsID="A",ThighsID="A",BootsID="A"))
    You can change the character name and add a description.

[shot]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7610/screenshot00141px3.jpg[/shot]
    Credits: Scha11enkrigor, UndeadRoadkill

2. Locked unique Male Ronin character
    There is a locked Ronin male character that has a unique Head and uses unique Shoulder Pads, Boots and Arms.

As the head is already enabled in the files, you won't have to do any additional editing to get it available. Just look up the line for 'Kensai' and overwrite it with the following:
    Code:
    Characters=(CharName="Kensai",Description="<Strings:UTGameUI.CharLocData.Kensai_Description>",CharID="F",bLocked="false",Faction="TwinSouls",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_TwinSouls_Male_Head04>",CharData=(FamilyID="TWIM",HeadID="A",TorsoID="C",ShoPadID="E",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="B",ThighsID="C",BootsID="D"))

To unlock the locked armor parts, add the following lines at the appropriate spots:

Shoulder Pads:
    Code:
    Parts=(Part=PART_ShoPad,ObjectName="CH_RTeam_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_RTeam_Male_XShoPad07",PartID="G",FamilyID="TWIM")
    Boots:
    Code:
    Parts=(Part=PART_Boots,ObjectName="CH_RTeam_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_RTeam_Male_Boots05",PartID="E",FamilyID="TWIM")
    Arms:
    Code:
    Parts=(Part=PART_Arms,ObjectName="CH_RTeam_Male.Mesh.SK_CH_RTeam_Male_Arms05",PartID="E",FamilyID="TWIM")
    These parts will now also be available for other male Ronin characters.

[shot]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3849/screenshot00140kd6.jpg[/shot]
    Credits: KriLL3.8™, Giblet

3. Unused unique Male Necris Shoulder Pads
    There is a set of Necris Shoulder Pads that is not in use. Unlock it by adding the following line at the appropriate spot:
    Code:
    Parts=(Part=PART_ShoPad,ObjectName="CH_Necris_Male1.Mesh.SK_CH_Necris_Male_XShoPad03",PartID="C",FamilyID="NECM")
    [shot]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/4232/necrisspgj4.jpg[/shot]
    Credits: UndeadRoadkill

2. Unique Iron Guard Male head
    The character 'Johnson' uses a unique head, so you might want to edit the files so you can use it for a character.

To do so, look up the line for 'Johnson' and overwrite it with the following:
    Code:
    Characters=(CharName="Johnson",Description="An ex-military soldier jumped into the Tournaments after shell-shock and repressed trauma took too heavy a toll on his mind. He is competent, but volitile.",CharID="F",bLocked="false",Faction="Ironguard",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:UI_Portrait.Character.UI_Portrait_Character_Ironguard_Male_Head04>",CharData=(FamilyID="IRNM",HeadID="D",TorsoID="B",ShoPadID="B",bHasLeftShoPad=true,bHasRightShoPad=true,ArmsID="A",ThighsID="B",BootsID="B"))
    [shot]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/572/screenshot00138tq2.jpg[/shot]
    Credits: KriLL3.8™, Sijik

These are all the parts I recall at the moment. If you have any more, please mention them and I'll edit this post.
    I figured everyone could find out where 'the appropriate spots' are, where you need to add lines, as a noob like me figured it out without help.

Thanks to KriLL3.8™ for the screenshots.

That stuff isn't unlocked with "unlockallchars" or what?

Comment

Originally posted by LêøÑ¡dås View Post
      That stuff isn't unlocked with "unlockallchars" or what?
      no, it's not

Comment

Nope.
        ''unlockallchars'' unlocks all locked characters (duh), these are additional .ini-edits that fix some extra parts that are hidden away for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastame View Post
          ''unlockallchars'' unlocks all locked characters (duh)
          Yeah, but it also unlocks some armour and stuff. ;p Didn't really know about the parts you mentioned here, but then again I rarely watch my character ingame... maybe I'll have a look into it though, thx.

Comment

Originally posted by LêøÑ¡dås View Post
            Yeah, but it also unlocks some armour and stuff. ;p Didn't really know about the parts you mentioned here, but then again I rarely watch my character ingame... maybe I'll have a look into it though, thx.
            It unlocks the armor parts the locked characters use.

Comment

I was wondering about that Kensai guy not being available. Thanks dude those are awesome ini edits.

Comment

No credz for finding Kensai?

Also "Unlockallchars" in the console (F10) gives all stuff you can unlock by conventional means, good starting point from a fresh install.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3.8™ View Post
                  No credz for finding Kensai?

Also "Unlockallchars" in the console (F10) gives all stuff you can unlock by conventional means, good starting point from a fresh install.
                  I used this thread among others for the info, I found Giblet's complete info on Kensai there.
                  Show me where you helped and I'll gladly add you tho!

Comment

If you use one of these parts, will it be visible to others online? It's no fun if you just appear as the default helmeted bloke, who already appears all over the place.

Comment

these were probably locked so they would be in the console version

Comment

Originally posted by Mastame View Post
                        I used this thread among others for the info, I found Giblet's complete info on Kensai there.
                        Show me where you helped and I'll gladly add you tho!
                        http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...&postcount=117
                        My old post showing all unlockables known at the time, a guy found a clone of johnson with a forced helmet and goggles.

Here are some screens you can add to your original post btw:

[shot]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/7610/screenshot00141px3.jpg[/shot]
                        Unique Corrupt head (I named my char with the head Tensor for old times sake)

[shot]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3849/screenshot00140kd6.jpg[/shot]
                        Kensai with the shoulders arms and boots.

[shot]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/572/screenshot00138tq2.jpg[/shot]
                        Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
                          If you use one of these parts, will it be visible to others online? It's no fun if you just appear as the default helmeted bloke, who already appears all over the place.
                          Yes, it will be visible to others.

Krille, you're added.

Comment

I used the new Liandri head on my own custom char :P

[shot]http://ut2341.com/berzcustom.png[/shot]

Comment

I actually had issues with boots05, even in instant action they're invisible.
                              Rest works fine though.

Comment

Working...
                              X