Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why it keeps asking me to enter CD Key...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Why it keeps asking me to enter CD Key...

    Hello, this is my first post here. Can someone tell me why every time I run UT3 W/O my internet on, it asks me for the CD key? And when I run it with internet on (after entered cd key w/o internet), it asks me CD key again? Thank you!

    #2
    I believe because your CD key is linked to the gamespy account you made to login to the game.

    Comment


      #3
      why run ut3 without internet on ^^

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by thatKingKong View Post
        Hello, this is my first post here. Can someone tell me why every time I run UT3 W/O my internet on, it asks me for the CD key? And when I run it with internet on (after entered cd key w/o internet), it asks me CD key again? Thank you!
        Do you mean when you start it up? Or does it say invalid key?

        There are problems with the game saving your stuff properly, it might be that. If it is Ill post a workaround I threw together.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by MeepZero View Post
          Do you mean when you start it up? Or does it say invalid key?

          There are problems with the game saving your stuff properly, it might be that. If it is Ill post a workaround I threw together.
          Yes, when it starts up. When I'm playing offline mode, I don't want my internet on. It doesn't say invalid key. I paid $59.99 plus tax, so it'd better not say invalid key =)

          I hope Epic fix this problem on the next patch because it's annoying.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by curi View Post
            why run ut3 without internet on ^^
            I have it on now every time I play UT3, but it shouldn't ask for cd-key when your network if off.

            Comment


              #7
              Check if u got sumthin of that kind in engine.ini:
              [OnlineSubsystemGameSpy.OnlineSubsystemGameSpy]
              bHasGameSpyAccount=True
              EncryptedProductKey=20150blabla
              It's ur encrypted key.
              If not try deleting or removing engine.ini and restarting game.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by $.H-5 View Post
                Check if u got sumthin of that kind in engine.ini:
                [OnlineSubsystemGameSpy.OnlineSubsystemGameSpy]
                bHasGameSpyAccount=True
                EncryptedProductKey=20150blabla
                It's ur encrypted key.
                If not try deleting or removing engine.ini and restarting game.
                It does have this stuff, but it still prompt for cd-key when I'm offline. If I enter the cd-key offline, it will ask me for cd-ley again when I'm online... freaking annoying. Thanks for help!

                Comment


                  #9
                  It's just one of the issues. There's a topic in the troubleshooting forum about it.

                  http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...=587940&page=1

                  Comment


                    #10
                    tired this: "D:\Games\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -nohomedir and still asking for CD key. WTH!!!

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Who turns their internet off?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        It isn't a turn the internet off issue here... Well let's say you wanna share a campaign with your friend 600 miles away... You are certainly not going to do that without using something like Himachi or other tunneling software. UT3's networking is BROKEN and is in serious need of attention.
                        One of the coolest aspects of this is any ip change (at all it seems) makes the game request cd key entry.
                        So lucky me,,, to fix one issue with my new game I create another almost as annoying issue.... CliffyB.... all that talk on the extras dvd about not ship 'till it's ready is bs... I need network support!!!!!!!!!!!

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by thatKingKong View Post
                          Hello, this is my first post here. Can someone tell me why every time I run UT3 W/O my internet on, it asks me for the CD key? And when I run it with internet on (after entered cd key w/o internet), it asks me CD key again? Thank you!
                          it does the same for me... I dunno why...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Yup - it keeps asking me too. Internet is never off while the PC is on.

                            It asked me at UT3 startup and UT3 shutdown once too.

                            It also keeps forgetting my password.

                            Hardly insurmountable problems though, just a bit irritating.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=587940

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X