How do I REMOVE a patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I REMOVE a patch?

Well ever since I got beta patch #1, I've been having problems with my custom character not showing up. I'm sick of getting stuck with the default custom loser so I'm going to remove the patch and see if it works. Is it possible to do that?

Is there something I can change in the .ini files to help with my custom character problem?

Re-install...

Comment

Originally posted by Skippy_Doe View Post
      Re-install...
      Wonderful. Now I get to spend 20 minutes re-installing >_>.

If I re-install will it remember my friends that I had added and such when I login? Does the LOGIN store your data?

Comment

Probably not. Save the important config files just in case (good luck finding them all) and reinstall.

Comment

Well I'm not re-installing then

Comment

Originally posted by Vidiot View Post

If I re-install will it remember my friends that I had added and such when I login? Does the LOGIN store your data?
            That I'm honestly not too sure of, luckily (knock wood) the beta patch has been working so far for me.
            It sucks having to do that, hopefully someone may have a quicker alternative.
            I guess on the bright side if you do have to re-install then you could let us know if it indeed does keep our friends and whatnot, or if it's another issue Epic should address.
            (Unless saving the .ini file works or at least has the info in it at the very least?)
            Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Comment

Is this just a problem with the first beta patch or does patch two have it as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Vidiot View Post

yes. mine did

Comment

Guys this isn't a "problem Epic should address." It's a BETA patch. It was never actually intended for distribution. Therefore, if you CHOOSE to put it on your game and it screws something up, too bad, it was your choice. If you don't like the patch, reinstall and wait for the actual patch to be released.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruz View Post
                    Guys this isn't a "problem Epic should address." It's a BETA patch. It was never actually intended for distribution. Therefore, if you CHOOSE to put it on your game and it screws something up, too bad, it was your choice. If you don't like the patch, reinstall and wait for the actual patch to be released.
                    but how do I KNOW it was caused by the patch? :O

Comment

Just ignore anything to do with the patch and forget you installed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruz View Post
                        This.

Its a 'private' beta for a reason. Applying beta patches may cause problems when need to patch to the latest version, or issues like you're having. Just wait for the official patch.

Comment

blast! why couldnt they give it a name that lets us know its not a completely stable patch or something?

Comment

"Beta" is just that.
                            To quote Wikipedia
                            A beta version is the first version released outside the organization or community that develops the software, for the purpose of evaluation or real-world black/grey-box testing. The process of delivering a beta version to the users is called beta release. Beta level software generally includes all features, but may also include known issues and bugs of a less serious variety.
                            and most importantly,

Beta version software is likely to be useful for internal demonstrations and previews to select customers, but unstable and not yet ready for release.
                            In the last few years the idea of "Beta" has been thrown around without much regard as to it's initial intent.

I can't tell you how machines I had restore because people installed XP beta, or Vista beta on their boxes. People need to be more careful.

Bottom line, unless you don't mind making backups or reinstalling, wait for the final official release of the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by pygmallion View Post
                              "Beta" is just that.
                              *hands Pygmallion a sarcasm detector*

Comment

Working...
                              X