Bit of a problem..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit of a problem..

Well.. I just got the game today.. and upon installing the game, I tried running it. All i got was a black screen for about a minute, then my computer just rebooted. Went and read through the forums to find any solutions and I saw some people were uninstalling and reinstalling their graphix drivers. So i tried that. and now it gets in passed all the beggining videos to the screen that says "Press any key to continue" when it gets there.. I lose any input to my main monitor. When that happens i have to reboot to get my main monitor to come back on. Any help???

Specs
    MSI K9N Neo AM2 socket
    AMD 64bit Dual Core 3800+
    Nvidia 7900GTX
    1GB Ram
    250GB WD SATA HD
    Westinghouse 19" Widescreen with a Digital Connection

to me it sounds like the monitor doesnt like the resolution the game is running at. otherwise im unsure. post your info in the tech help section of the forum dude. you will get better responses there from people. good luck mate

Comment

That sounds like what happens when a game is trying to set a resolution that your monitor cannot display, I guess you could try launching the game in safe mode, configuring the resolution then relaunching it in normal mode.

Comment

yeah thats what i thought myself as i had that problem with lost planet. luckily i have dual screen so changed the primary to the one that will play it and changed the resolution.

is there a way to do it in the ini files incase you cant go into safe mode? just to help other people with their queries about it if it is this

Comment

I just tried to run the game in safe mode and it wouldn't work (???) so it's probably not worth bothering, but as you say you could go through the ini files and set the resolution to something that will have a good chance of working, like 10 x 76, there are two lines in the UTengine ini file:

ResX=1024
          ResY=768

Comment

perhaps the safemode isnt working yet. i hope they fix things. but i cant be dissapointed as they always seem to fix things or coders do it in the community

Comment

Working...
            X