Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you use a Xbox 360 controller on the PC version of UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you use a Xbox 360 controller on the PC version of UT3?

I was just wondering if anyone knows if it can be done...Reply back with details.

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=586300

Comment

it should function like any other controller

Comment

although as i said before. why you would want to use a controller for it on pc is beyond me. no offence but if you do, prepare to be owned and humiliated by the players who are using mouse and keyboard

Comment

Im using x-padder, and I dont get owned. Sure Im not the best, but I can definitly hold my own on the 360 controller. Go to www.xpadder.com, download the program,download the ut3 profile, load x-padder, then load the ut3 profile that you downloaded. If you notice that while turning you get pauses then make sure to go to the little magnifing glass next to w,s,a,d, and make sure to pick four way direction. Any thing else will cause horrible pauses while turning.

Comment

thats kl i didnt realise it would be compatable might have to give it a bash just to see

Comment

Normally if a game supports the 360 pad out of the box then it's so the devs can put Games For windows on the packaging as I believe this is a requirement - it's not on my box. Seems like there are workarounds though . I'm pleased it doesn't support the 360 pad for purely selfish reasons as devs sometimes try and balance mouse pad play by gimping the mouse controls. Bioshock was basically ruined for me as i've played DM since Doom so having spongy mouse aiming due to the effort to accomodate the pad made the game frustrating (hopefully a patch will sort it out).

As for using a Pad, well i'd say it will depend upon your playstyle and the game mode your playing.

Also the games "new" so you've got alot of people learing the ropes - map layout and getting used to the nuances of control and game flow (how do you turn off side jumping btw?). You would presume as the gamers get used to it then pad playing will become more difficult as players start focussing on waht they are doing. In a few months time when your playing DM on a server full of good mouse players and one or two exceptional ones you may find it very tough to "compete".

If I was wanting to pad play i'd get the console version for a level playing field.

Still as long as you have fun it's up to you how you play it.

Comment

in the next patch you should be able to choose different sensitivites for each weopon, which should make the controller alot easier to use aiming wise, but the dodge jumping is hard on an anolog stick ill admit.

Comment

Working...
                X