Knowledge Of vehicle secrets etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowledge Of vehicle secrets etc

I thought about starting a thread so we can share what we know can be done with each vehicle, ie movement, weaponry etc. the reason i say this is the manual doesnt seem too in depth and i found out most the weapons and such myself.

first one to start off. with the scorpion. press forward twice(dodge) and it gives it a speed boost when first starting off.

secondary fire of the darkwwalker will knock anyone out of a vehicle if they are hiding underneath you.

Scorpion's ball-launcher projectiles lock onto enemy mantas and vipers.

Yes, some people dont know it.

Comment

If you grapple onto the back of any vehicle...

If you CROUCH and push BACK at the same time you will close the gap between your hoverboard and the vehicle towing you. Thus, you are a smaller target and don't fish-tail as much.

Comment

if you use the crouch in the Necris tank it will compress flat and double the speed. If you press jump it will raise up allowing you to see over obstacles.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerus View Post
          if you use the crouch in the Necris tank it will compress flat and double the speed. If you press jump it will raise up allowing you to see over obstacles.
          Let me add that the more you raise it, the higher the rate of fire gets and the slower the Nemesis... there are 3 height "modes". And: in crouch mode you can't aim by moving the turret, it's attached to the vehicle then.

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post

Thanks for the info, didnt know!

Comment

You can also crouch with darkwalker. Some people don't know that. :x

Comment

Not everyone seems to be aware of the scorpion boost's usability for faster travelling. It's not only useful for banzai attacks.

Comment

the tanks minigun turret is awesome for shooting down enemy avrils... keep and eye out for em if you're in one

Comment

Originally posted by MysTikal View Post

it also locks on to people on hoverboards (altho i think this should be changed)

Comment

double forward is a flip not a dodge ^^

Comment

Could someone tell me how to properly use the Scavanger? As dumb as this question may sound... I manage to get a lot of kills with most of the other vehicles, but I'm having a tough time with this vehicle in particular, and I've been constantly trying to get better.

Of course that while in "pinball" mode, it's relatively easy to mow down infantry, altough you'll have trouble if your opponent knows how to dodge, since you have little control over the ball once it's in motion. And if you try to destroy any vehicles while in ball form, you'll either get killed when the vehicle fires at you (Scavanger has only 200 HP), OR you'll get blown up together with the enemy vehicle (the explosion of the enemy behicle will severely damage your Scavanger).

Furthermore, when I try to use it in "walker" mode, the homing energy orb that you can attach onto the enemy seems rather innefective. Many times the orb takes a long time to arrive at the destination, gets stuck in various places. Even the damage is lacking: perhaps it would perform better if it attacked constantly, and not stop, circle around the enemy for a few seconds and attack again. Not to mention that it's sometimes a bit difficult to home in onto the enemy.

Also, how long do you have to hold Attack for the energy ball to do sufficient damage, and how does this work exactly?

Anyway, I'd appreciate some help on this matter, even though I don't think the Scavanger is going to ever be really useful unless Epic performs some serious changes to it!

Comment

the furys primary can also take out avrils.
                          the viper and scorpion are great for kamikazi attacks

Comment

Originally posted by raduneo View Post
                            Could someone tell me how to properly use the Scavanger? As dumb as this question may sound... I manage to get a lot of kills with most of the other vehicles, but I'm having a tough time with this vehicle in particular, and I've been constantly trying to get better.

Of course that while in "pinball" mode, it's relatively easy to mow down infantry, altough you'll have trouble if your opponent knows how to dodge, since you have little control over the ball once it's in motion. And if you try to destroy any vehicles while in ball form, you'll either get killed when the vehicle fires at you (Scavanger has only 200 HP), OR you'll get blown up together with the enemy vehicle (the explosion of the enemy behicle will severely damage your Scavanger).

Furthermore, when I try to use it in "walker" mode, the homing energy orb that you can attach onto the enemy seems rather innefective. Many times the orb takes a long time to arrive at the destination, gets stuck in various places. Even the damage is lacking: perhaps it would perform better if it attacked constantly, and not stop, circle around the enemy for a few seconds and attack again. Not to mention that it's sometimes a bit difficult to home in onto the enemy.

Also, how long do you have to hold Attack for the energy ball to do sufficient damage, and how does this work exactly?

Anyway, I'd appreciate some help on this matter, even though I don't think the Scavanger is going to ever be really useful unless Epic performs some serious changes to it!
                            you what? not useful! lol. its a great vehicle. maily for support attacks because of its speed.
                            pressing fore when in ball mode lets the legs out a little to use as blades to kill nearby players

Comment

Yes I know you can use the blades to kill while in ball mode. I always use it, but I still doesn't help that much, for the reasons which I clearly explained in my previous post.

Not to be disrespectful, I would appreciate an answer longer than one sentance, since I took the time to write a few paragraphis on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X