Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 playabl without CD ?

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if UT3 was playable without CD ? Is there a patch for that ? Or is the CD really needed ??

You do not need the DVD in to play the game. Not sure if that's with all versions of it, though I'm assuming it is.

Comment

Ok thanks mate !

Comment

that is correct. like previous versions of ut you only need to put the cd in once. this is to varify the game. after that you can play without the disc in your pc. thats the one thing i like about ut, quick and easy to jump in the game

Comment

Yea right. Midway just thankfuly knows that we're gonna play online, thus the only protection this game has is the cd key needed for playing online. No copy protection or cd check at all - spares them lots of money and support, and spares lots of players a lot of trouble. Thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by ZDragon View Post
            Yea right. Midway just thankfuly knows that we're gonna play online, thus the only protection this game has is the cd key needed for playing online. No copy protection or cd check at all - spares them lots of money and support, and spares lots of players a lot of trouble. Thumbs up!
            They also thought it smart to save money and not advertise the hell out of the game.

Lazy sods.

Comment

Originally posted by Matfei View Post
              They also thought it smart to save money and not advertise the hell out of the game.

Lazy sods.
              +1

more advertising could have improved the games chances of popularity

Comment

Maybe they wait for the rerelease after a few patches so new players don't get scared off by all those bugs that are still in it.

Comment

i wouldn call it Bugs, "Desing-Mistakes" would match it way better...

Playing without DVD is great, always ready for a quick Online-Game without gnarly DVD-changing.

Btw, whats with smaller, private LAN-Partys, does everyone needs a different Key to play or does Epic allow "one Game for all"?

Comment

No CD games are one of the great perks of PC games. All the UT series has had it, and for sticking to it I'm thankful. No-disk games get played on my box, disk-in-drive required ones rarely do. Just too **** lazy, and fearful of scratches when shuffling them in and out of a drive.

Sooo..
                    Thank you guys for sticking to a no-disker design.

I was rather hoping to find out if we can use a 1 disk LAN setup to introduce folks to the game myself, Scheib. During an overseas deployment I used 1 copy of 2K4 to get about 12 people to play single player and LAN matches (YES EPIC, I COMMITTED PIRACY!) but they couldn't play online with my disk key, which I SUPPOSE balances my karma, and made me feel less guilty. Within 2 weeks, 4 of them bought their own copies, and thus our clan was born. I'm sure Midway would take a dim view of such things, but supporting clans and spreading the game has always seemed like a high priority for Epic. They have a good track record in that regard.

Comment

Thats what i'm talking about, its better than a simple Demo.
                      I wish for a kind of a "LAN-Key", the non-owners use this Key and be able to play in LAN (eventually if at least one User in the LAN-Game has a real Key), but not Online in the www.

Comment

Working...
                      X