Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noobs on public servers don't usually annoy me, but this one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noobs on public servers don't usually annoy me, but this one...

...really should have played the single player campaign first!

We were playing 16 player CTF-hydro with 20 minute timelimit. Enemy was in lead with 2-1 and about one minute left. I had the enemy flag, and just had entered our base while killing like 10 enemies on the way and being really low on health. Now when I get to our flagroom, it's full of enemies. Fortunately enough, they were fighting with my teammates. After some quick and fierce fighting, enemies got killed, our flag returned and stuff, but I also got killed and dropped the flag. One of my teammates grabbed the enemy flag, and with less than a minute left, we were so close to getting the game even.

But then the reality crashed on me. The guy who took the enemy flag, was actually the bottom scorer of our team. He was standing with enemy flag, just a few steps away from our flag and cap. But he didn't know how to cap! Actually he didn't even realize that he was carrying the enemy flag! So, he just started walking away from our flag and clearly was headed for enemy base. He didn't use dodge or translocator, as he clearly didn't know how to, and ff was off, so there was no way to get the flag from him. We spammed stuff like "RETURN THE FLAG!" in teamchat, but apparently he didn't know how to read those teammessages in his screen. We tried to block his way, knock him back to flagroom with rockets and everything, but this guy still didn't get it. Unfortunately he didn't even find his way out from out base before timelimit ended, so enemies couldn't kill him either and let us recover the flag. This guy just got hopelessly lost in the 50a room and didn't find any way out.

So, the time runs out and we lose 1-2. After I had made that amazing flagrun in the last minute, it was a BIT annoying.

oh my god. im not suprised you were annoyed. i know its a game but come on. they even have arrows on the floor to show you where to go. makes you wonder if he was actually that much of a noob or he was being moronic on purpose

Comment

ggs eh

Comment

Holy hell....

Noobdom just went up a few thousand notches.

Comment

Who knows maybe he was some 10 year old kid or something. Although I remember running over the enemy flag making my way back and was all ready to be the big hero with the winning score when I realize I didn't have the flag.

Comment

I'm suprised he even knew how to change weapons! Or jump for that matter!!

Comment

Hehe, I can't remember how many times in 2K4 I didn't notice I was carrying the enemy flag and would do something stoopid like carry it all the way back to their base.

Or better yet, I would be in the middle of a scrum around their flag, & thinking I'd picked it up would do a leet ninja flagrun only to find when I got back to base that I never actually had the flag at all..

Comment

Originally posted by iron12 View Post
                ...Although I remember running over the enemy flag making my way back and was all ready to be the big hero with the winning score when I realize I didn't have the flag.
                I've done that a few times. I could swear that it makes the flag taken sound when it happens.

Comment

hehe

this makes me think of a tam game i had where there was someone who was killing teammates. at first everyone was ****** cause we thought he was doing it on purpose, but then we realized he was a complete noob and tryed to explain that it was a team game. so yeah we had an infiltrated noob on our team, but it was very funny overall

Comment

"You have the flag! Return to the Base!"
                    On my screen is a pretty good indication I have the flag :P

Comment

I also saw one dude on public CTF servers, who tried to cap the flag by translocating with it. Nothing special here, as a lot of people forget or are not aware that you can't translocate with the flag. The weird thing here is that he just didn't see the causal relation of translocating and dropping the flag. He would take the flag, translocate a few times, look confused and come back for the flag... and translocate again! I watched this event happening at least 4-5 times in succession, before the guy got shot by enemy defenders.

I'm pretty sure that most of the apes can learn such causal relations with fewer repeats than this guy did.

Comment

Originally posted by Nacher View Post
                        I also saw one dude on public CTF servers, who tried to cap the flag by translocating with it. Nothing special here, as a lot of people forget or are not aware that you can't translocate with the flag. The weird thing here is that he just didn't see the causal relation of translocating and dropping the flag. He would take the flag, translocate a few times, look confused and come back for the flag... and translocate again! I watched this event happening at least 4-5 times in succession, before the guy got shot by enemy defenders.

I'm pretty sure that most of the apes can learn such causal relations with fewer repeats than this guy did.
                        RTFM FTW!!!

i figured that out in ut99. plus it does say on the loading screens that it cannot be done sometimes in the hints

Comment

...maybe the "n00bs" are not capable for that much english like "you have the Flag, return to base!" or "you can't Teleport while you carry the Flag", or "bring the f**ing Orb to the Center-Node".
                          "Multiplayer" and "Join Game" are much easier to translate.

Btw, sometimes i overlook this little yellow messages in the upper-right corner, maybe another, more "annoying" Type of Hint would be not a bad Idea...

Comment

i think because people are spending more time looking at what they are shooting at they dont look at the messages on the hud. would be good for a little more notification for those that need it that can be disabled if people dont need it.

Comment

Originally posted by SpineShanK View Post
                              hehe

this makes me think of a tam game i had where there was someone who was killing teammates. at first everyone was ****** cause we thought he was doing it on purpose, but then we realized he was a complete noob and tryed to explain that it was a team game. so yeah we had an infiltrated noob on our team, but it was very funny overall
                              the funniest one is one i seen was in aliens versus predator 2, some noob joined dm game thniking it was a tdm and when u were killing them they were saying, noob stop team killing me , hahaah hilarous.

Comment

Working...
                              X